Sunday, August 5, 2012

Heaven is a Place on Earth . . .

. . . or maybe Idaho. :)

Everyone kept telling me that they live for summer in Sandpoint.



Now I understand.




Wild Tiger Lilies




It's like living on vacation! 
-- Well, a vacation where you still have to go to work, do the dishes, 
wash laundry, and mow the lawn. :)

There have been several occasions when Nels has met us 
for pizza or hot dogs at the beach after he gets off work.








We've spent a lot of time at the beach! Hazel, Lilie, and Elsie actually just finished two weeks of swim lessons -- not at the pool -- but in the chilly lake! They loved it -- most days. :)

And lots of beach, means lots of baths. 




We've also played at the park,






watched "Back to the Future" with the kids for the first time,



read many books,



and used lots and lots of imagination!!!
(Lilie)



6 comments:

MeggyT said...

I absolutely LOVE my hiking back pack too!! It was the greatest craigslist purchase I ever made. And your photos make me want to pack up Aviana and come out and visit before the summer is over!!!

Deanna said...

It seriously looks like you're on vacation every time I see your pictures. LOL! I'm so happy you're happy!!! It looks like a lovely place to live!

Hannah said...

so fun! i wish we could have made the trip up to see you guys! We probably would have ventured it but can you believe it, car is STILL having problems!! Aaaah! I'm about ready to walk into Wackerli and just demand a straight up trade for a new GMC Acadia! haha...if only...

lynsey said...

oh it DOES look like heaven. honestly it makes me so jealous to see all of these colors....greens and blues. and here we have--even in our lovely season {winter}--is brown, brown, grey and brown-grey. :)

i love the pictures and love your family!

Perry's said...

I love it. some of the pictures of Hazel look like Genny.

Amber said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the imagination! and awesome pictures =).