Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Day the Colors Were Gone

Hey gang, this is Nels doing a guest post! After almost a year and a half (longer than it took to produce In Convenience) I have finally finished our newest family film, "The Day the Colors Were Gone."

The idea was to make a 2010 birthday film for Hazel and Elsie (since there birthdays are only a few days apart).  We shot about half of it in 2010, but due to busyness (and laziness) I didn't finish shooting everything until the end of summer 2011! Even after it was shot, it has still taken me months to put together this simple edit.

With all that being said, I love how it turned out. Rachel told me I had to include some of the behind the scenes footage. Now you can all see how impatient I can be when I'm losing light! We had some fun, and have made a great memory for our family to share. Enjoy!



Big thanks to my big girls for their patience and love. I hope we can keep making fun family flicks like this one. If you have time, watch some of the others on YouTube or Vimeo, and please give them the big thumbs up and a comment or two! Thanks!

– Nels

22 comments:

ClancyPants said...

Holy moly. I can't stand all the awesomeness in this video! Not to mention the cuteness.

And I extra-love Nels' sighs of frustration... HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!!! Perfection.

Rachel Chick said...

Sure love you, mister! This is one of my favorite things of all time.

Rachel Holloway said...

That's the cutest thing ever! LOVE IT! Don't love, however, the fact that any home videos of mine now look like poo. :) jk. Thanks for sharing such awesome talent! Your family is so lucky!

lynsey said...

this was AWESOME!!! nels you are so talented & your girls are absolutely adorable!! i'm so glad you included the out-takes....

"count to three in your brain"

oh i just love your family!!

Sara Newton said...

I was laughing pretty hard when you told Lilie to look into the sun and make her eyes hurt. That's dedication!

Perry's said...

I love it. I also LOVED when you told Lilie to look into the sun and make sure it hurts your eyes. Great video. Such a beautiful family.

Genene said...

"Say it one more time, really loud"

"One more time!".....

That was AWESOME!!!

The whole thing is one of the most precious things I've EVER seen on video of any kind (except my own grandchildren) ;-) Great work Nels and girls! I even heard the mommy in the background at the "princess rock" Hi Rachel!

Fabulous! Can I share it also?

I'm sad that you've all moved from this little corner of the world. You have a beautiful family doing great things!

Genene (mother of Clancy) ♥

PS What was the dinosaur clip in the out takes at about 3:55 or so? Whoa!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I just got a new joke to tell Logan after school about the general! Awesome video!

Genene said...

PS.... I love that you'e got a Rolling Stones song that I actually love playing. It's so upbeat & even uplifting.... I forgot they made any like that!

Wendie said...

Darling!! I love it!!

The Moore Family: said...

That is soooo awesome! Good job girls! Oh, and Dad too! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!

Isabella says it's amazing and wants to know if we can buy it on DVD. So I showed her some of the other videos and she wants them all. Plus she wants to know when she can be in a movie. HAHA!

Good job Nels!!

Thomas Family said...

oh man, I so need Nels' talents. A couple of years ago my family decided that instead of giving gifts (because we are all poor students and live far from each other) we all make a family video. On Christmas morning we watch each others videos. Its super fun but this was AMAZING!! Your girls are adorable. And the "bloopers" after are super funny. Nice work Nels!! (and girls :))

Thomas Family said...

and my kids keep begging to watch it again and again and again. :)

Lunar daughter said...

One more time! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome job Nels! What a great family tradition! You are very patient to do this!!!

Deanna said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I love me some CHICK FLICKS!!! One more time!

Nels cracks me up. Oh, to be a daughter of a film maker. LOL! Those girls of yours are amazing. And you are. and your husband.

So I'm wondering...where were you when all this was going on? LOL!

Jandy Lou said...

Love it!!! What an amazing way to preserve your family! I love the talent that Nels has...and your little actresses! Adorable!

Lisa said...

Elsie is so flipin' cute!! Pure awesomeness! :) thanks for sharing.
I love Hazel & Lilie! They did their parts so well!

Alisha said...

Love it this!!! So fun and what great memories!!!

Love all the outtakes!!

Amber said...

That is awesome! I am SO happy you included the bloopers =). My favorite line, "Lilie, stand up straight and get your hands out of your panties." =) Great job Nels! Your girls are so adorable! Love you! Can't wait to see you in the morning =)!

Kris said...

Oh my goodness, that is AMAZING! You have a great talent!I love that your girls can really act, my kids wouldn't have the patience and neither would I!
So glad you included those out-takes! Favorite line "And make sure it hurts your eyes!" ha ha, what tough girls ;)Your family is so fun!