What a beautiful day.
So wonderful. I have such a wonderful little family. I have the things that are most important.
I am so blessed.
Today I took a couple of minutes to fill in my calendar for next year with birthdays and school schedules and whatnot. Looking through my calendar from the past year.
Meet up at park with Jandy.
Watch Stef's kids.
Weekend in Bountiful.
Work at the Apple.
Book Fair at Falls Valley Elementary.
Ward party at the Ammon Swimming pool.
Dinner at the Jones's.
Grafs staying at our house for a few days.
Week in Mountain Home with the Chicks.
Looking at our schedule, I couldn't believe how busy this past year was and how much I miss so many good parts of my life.
And then I noticed, intermingled with the fun and the friends, all the times Nels wasn't there with us. Conventions, long weeks or weekends where we only saw glimpses of him. All the trips we took without him (almost all). We missed him, but we'd also been doing it for so long, that it had become kind of normal. Having it be so different now, I can see how much we were missing together as a family. How calm our family feels now.
And I had it confirmed to me again that we are where we need to be. Life has thrown us some fun new learning experiences this year, but man. It's beautiful.
We are together. We are a family. It's just so good.
Today was perfect. I'm so thankful for these years when our kids are little. It was a magical and very happy Christmas.

2 comments:
So glad that you had a great Christmas...you so deserve it!!
I am glad you are where you are too. IT is a lot closer to me =). YIPEE!!!
Post a Comment