First, seeing as how I am a complete GENIUS, when we went back to Idaho Falls a month ago, I thought, We'll probably be coming back down to I.F. near the end of December. I don't need to take our decorations with us. Incidentally, I gave the same pass to our snow boots. **insert eye-rolling and head shaking here** Stupid. While paying $30 for two flat rate boxes to ship our boots (thank you, Stef!!!) is annoying, it's necessary. However, the same can't be said of my large tote full of Christmas decor. I never really anticipated still being in this three bedroom apartment at Christmas time.
Now, beyond the idiocy of not bringing even one scrap of our traditional trinkets with us, we also have incredibly limited space for a tree -- that isn't in the middle of the room. And then there's the cost involved -- whether fake or live -- for ONE year. Plus it's always a bit exhausting chasing a toddler away from the water for a whole month. Can I get an "AMEN!"?
Anyway. My point. I've been thinking about what kind of alternatives I can come up with to the traditional Christmas tree. I found a couple on Pinterest.

OR. Just maybe, I'll cave in and drag my family up into the mountains with a $5 tree tag and find a little tree that we could put on the end table . . .
Which do you like best?
Also, do you have any favorite DIY ornaments? I suppose in years to come, it will be fun to have some fun little ornaments to commemorate this "unusual" Christmas. :)




7 comments:
I personally love the little sticks. SO cute!
I am also loving that first one!!! LOVING IT!!!
I'm always a fan of the hauling everyone up the mountain thing... :) We found our tree that way - we call it scrawny johnny after my little brother... :)
Today the kids and I made clay ornaments out of some clay powder I found way back when. they are drying then going to be painted and hung with ribbon. We just used cookie cutter molds. Also growing up we always made gingerbread men and then hung them on the "kid's tree" :).. What ever you do I'm sure it will be great! It always is. :)
I love the stick tree or the $5 Charlie brown tree. Both are absolutely adorable. You never cease to AMAZE me! Love you!!!
i'm loving the top one, or the last one, on the right! so cute, and fun and colorful. i'm thinking i might just switch up our decorations, and implement those colors from the last one. it would match the rest of the house anyway.
but something tells me you're going to get a charlie brown tree, after hiking up the mountain. i would expect nothing less from my rachel! :)
I vote Charlie brown $5 tree! And better homes and gardens has tons of DIY ornament slide shows
I like the lights one...
There are some ideas in the Friend for ornaments. They have ones that you make out of tinfoil that looked really cute and fun!
Post a Comment