. . . to talk of other things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings . . .
I just don't know how it happens. How my little girls just keep growing up. But they do.
Today was the first day of school. It would be a lie to say that I wasn't so excited for both of them. They've been such good girls for me this summer. They've helped so much and played together so very well. They've generally been a joy to have around.
Of course, not all the time, but most of the time.
They both came bouncing up the stairs this morning, dressed and with backpacks on. :) Ready to hop our the door at 7:05. :) That's not a trend that I'm expecting will be maintained for even a week, but it was nice this morning.
Hazel is beginning Second Grade. -- Switching schools again. Man, she's awesome.
And Lilie is beginning First Grade. -- Her first year of all day. She is SO ready for it.
It's just been me and my LITTLE ladies today. It's been kind of a strange day --- with no lunchtime pickup to interrupt the day. A first since Hazel began school. But it's also been really nice to spend some quiet time with just the two of them. -- That won't be lasting much longer - but I don't think any of us will be complaining. :)

2 comments:
Wow! They are growing SOOOOOOOOO, so fast!!!
And to think you'll have five of them very soon...you are one awesome mama!!!
P.S. I heard Marci moved salons...would you know where she's at these days??? I need a hair cut in the worst way. She's the only one I trust. LOL!
Ah, I miss you terribly. Give me a call. I hope someday soon the stars will align and we can have a good long chat.
Hazel is so tall! What a beauty! Lilie is so cute!
Post a Comment