Monday, January 31, 2011

Photosynthesis: converting sunlight into energy

There are few things in the world that do it for me like morning sunlight streaming through the blinds in my yellow bedroom.

Nels, hates it - wishing it would hide away and he could sleep longer - so he retreats to the dark cave that is our basement to lie with a blanket tented around the heat vent. :)

But for me, a new day dawns and I love those sweet rays of light streaking across me.

We've been a bit under the weather here at our house the past week. -- Dishes have gone undone day after day - only for Nels to come home and do one load, but that still isn't enough to empty the sink - just enough to make room to get a drink from the tap. My sparkly clean laundry room is filling to overflowing - again. "Something" sticks to my feet every time I cross the kitchen floor. My fish tank needs cleaned - as do the toilets. Wet clothes lie in heaps in both bathrooms as well --- left where they fell and then used as bath mats on the way out of the tub - since the bath mat was covered with clothes. We have no soap or milk or Merlins to cast magic spells that will instruct the kitchen to clean itself.

But.

This morning, the sun is shining across my back - making horizontal lines of warm and cool up and down the muscles. And today? I think maybe there is a little bit of magic available to me. Ever heard of human photosynthesis? :)

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I feel that same way this morning. Up and at'er! :)

The Moore Family: said...

Yes! Thank goodness for the sunshine... I don't think I'd make it through winter without a glimpse of it here and there.

Jandy Lou said...

I love it when the sun shines in our cold, bleak land! It makes everything so much happier...I am grateful for the visit today. I am glad we got to catch up!

Amber said...

I know exactly what you mean. Today was sunny and it was amazing how much more energetic I felt. I love the sunshine.

Alisha said...

We have had the sickies too and so when I finally made it out of bed... I saw that my living room was filled sunshine. I hurried down the stairs and laid in it! Oh it was awesome!! And instantly made me feel better! Your comment also made me reflect on the true "Light" that does cause human photosynthesis. Thanks for the insight! Needed it today!

ClancyPants said...

SOunds *just* like my sink.

Sigh.