What a beautiful year it's been.
In so many, many ways.
There are many uncertainties in life. Lots of highs and lows. Sometimes life is a bit like a roller coaster, but I'm so thankful for all of the twists and turns.
The lows teach me that I need other people. How to let others serve me and lift me. How to empathize with others and how to "put [my] shoulder to the wheel" and move along, even when it's hard.
And the highs teach me that I am strong and good. That my life is beautiful and blessed.
{Among so many other things}
This year I want to learn how to turn to the Lord more and be more humble.
I want to learn how to be a better mother - more like my own mother. Some of the most common sights I saw growing up were of waking up to find my mother reading her scriptures in the early morning dark or seeing her on her knees in her bedroom. She is such an incredible example to me of faith.
I want to be more like her. I want to teach my children Who they can turn to for peace, comfort, and stability. I hope that I can be more like my Savior and also offer those things for my children.
While I often feel like I do these things well, I often feel like I fail too. That all too often I don't have the consistency to stick with things and through things. I don't prepare nearly well enough. Too often I fall back on my weaknesses when things get hard, rather than pushing through.
I want to learn how to be stronger. To follow-through better. To be more dependable and more reliable. To be more constant. There are a few ideas - things that have been at the top of my "Essential to Life" list for years and years. Things that I am going to once again work on, with renewed energy. They are simple, but life changing.
Our lives are always changing and will continue to do so, but I want to work on bringing more peace into my life and the lives of my children and husband.
Key Words for 2011: Strength and Consistency
Thank you to each one of you who have blessed me with your love and friendship this past year. I am truly blessed with some of the best friends that anyone could ask for. Whether you are close or far, far away - I want you to all know how much I love you. - How much you give to me.
Thank you.
May the Lord bless each of us do all that is required of us and to find Joy in the Journey.
4 comments:
I love this post. :) Thank YOU for being who you are, the wonderful example, friend, and all around beautiful person. :)
You're completely awesome! Thanks for being my friend!
Love this. Thank you for sharing...as always, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings. I really do learn so much from you-- :)
Oh Rachel I love you!!! Beautiful post. I can't wait to chat tomorrow. Love you.
Post a Comment