you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.
-- Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne
Sometimes I get bored. I start blog-hopping all around, checking facebook and whatnot, and get a tiny bit irritated, thinking - Why aren't more people writing on their blogs? After all, don't they know that I need something to do while avoiding my kitchen? :) Then I remind myself that I haven't posted on my blog much in the past few weeks either.
Problem is, I don't feel like I have much to write about.
I think my brain is either A) on auto-pilot - turning to goop from just staying at home and doing very little or B) is overloaded - so crammed with thoughts and worries and uncertainties that I can't get anything to actually dislodge.
I both crave and fear change. I love adventure and spontaneity - but only within the parameters of safety. I DO NOT like uncertainty or risk-taking. I LOVE stability.
I like spontaneity - as in, I don't actually have to plan things. Or prepare. I enjoy flying by the seat of my pants and making spur of the moment decisions. It doesn't give me time to think too much. I like that.
I over-think things.
I like adventure and fun. I like being irresponsible. There's a part of me that thinks life would be perfect traveling around the country like gypsies, living in a motor home and doing home school while driving from place to place to place. Part of me.
There is another part of me that thinks living on a beautiful farm, far away from everyone and everything else sounds perfect. To never leave home. Absolutely and purely simple. Part of me.
Both parts are over-simplified, but still . . . :)
I love where we're at and then at the same time, I want to pack up everything and move far, far away. I sort of think that I get overwhelmed by things I don't like and things I can't change and perhaps, running away seems like the easiest way. Eliminate the uncertainties of life, by not having those responsibilities anymore. Worried about what to do with the house? Don't have a house anymore. Have external worries from people that aren't part of our family? Don't ever associate with anyone who isn't your family. Simple, right? *smirk* :)
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
-- Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne
Sometimes I want everything to change, sometimes I wish that nothing would ever change. But there are a few things that I would NEVER change - the important ones. I have a husband that is my very best friend in the whole world. I have four beautiful daughters that I love more than anything. In all my different ideas and whims, that never changes. I love being a wife and I love being a mother.
All the rest, is just fluff.

5 comments:
I love you. I love your attitude. I love your posts and the way you write. It's so therapeutic and uplifting for me to read. Thank you.
Call me whenever. :) If you've changed your mind, I'm okay with that, too. :)
Okay, I was JUST thinking the same thing about blog hopping and facebooking and wondering why there isn't more exciting stuff to read. I think this is the year I get a new hobby- or something!
I am sorry. I am one of those people that don't blog. I get on every night to see if anyone blogged. I think that I need to blog. But it has been so long and I have so much to catch up on that it is overwhelming. I then start to think that maybe I will just stop blogging. Maybe I will just skip writing about Christmas and just jump to now. I love ya Rach. It would be so fun if I just one day drove up and spent the weekend. It would be a blast.
I love how you write Rachel! It totally makes me nod my head and say, "Yep...totally agree with that!" You are awesome!
I want to move away from all my problems too. ♥
Post a Comment