Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Elsie's Feeling Crouptastic

My poor baby Elsie has croup. It honestly makes me want to just cry for her, knowing the night that we'll have tonight. She's too skinny and little to cough like she is. Good grief, she only weighs 28 pounds!
Taken a few weeks ago.
------------
-----------------
-----------------------

About a month ago, Nels helped with a fundraiser held at our local Shilo Inn. As part of his compensation, they gave him a free hotel room. Since he was running video cameras until about 2:00 in the morning, I decided to take the girls over to stay, just for fun. -- Mainly for the pool. Idaho Falls doesn't really have a kid-friendly public swimming pool, so this was a HUGE treat! They swam and swam and swam (hooray for Hazel and Lilie practicing all that swimming while on vacation!) for about 3 1/2 hours -- and they still didn't want to go back up to the room when we were done! :)

Since it was getting late, and we had a free pizza being delivered to our room, I just decided to stay at the hotel that night with them. It was fun, short, and sweet.

The next day, the girls still had their swim tubes left out in the family room. They'd been playing all sorts of silly games with them. That afternoon when I went downstairs to clean them up, I saw that Elsie had found a new use for inflatable tubes. :)




Here's to hoping that my tiny girl starts feeling better SOON!!!

6 comments:

Perry's said...

I can not believe she only weighs 28 pounds. Rya who just turned 2 is 25 pounds. you have small girls. I hope she starts to feel better.

Kendall said...

Poor Elsie, croup is no fun. I heard once from someone that if you put vics rub on the bottom of there feet it helps them not cough through the night. I did that to Tyra these passed couple of days and she has slept better. You should try it and see if it works for Elsie. I hope she gets better soon. Tyra's been home sick also.

Melyni + Alma said...

oh poor Elsie!! :(

Deanna said...

Aw, MAN! Croup is NO fun! All three of our kids had it a few weeks ago. It was terrible!

Deanna said...

I published too soon! LOL!

We did the vics thing, and it was great. We also ran a humidifyer, kept their room cooler, and got the steroid from our pedi. It worked great!

Amber said...

What a bummer you didn't tell me that either. YOu silly bean.