Had two separate conversations with Lilie today about bodies.
One about bones. Joints and spines, ulna and radius, ribs and carpals. Cool things like that.
The other was a little more . . . dramatic. :) I've been sewing up a storm the last few nights and stupidly I've left my sewing tools sitting out (because it is so hard to want to sew when you've got to clean it all up over and over again). I was upstairs when I heard Lilie start screaming hysterically. I'm sorry to say that Lilie, for me, is a little like the "boy who cried wolf" at this point. Any sort of scratch --- from the hang nail to the real, live gusher that needs stitches --- is met with equal hysteria. So when she started screeching, I wasn't terribly concerned. (Sorry, to the future Lilie who will someday read this, but it's true. You are kind of a crazy sometimes. :)
Anywho, Lilie had apparently been playing with my rotary cutter (which is incredibly sharp) - using it to cut loose strings off of my rug. As you can imagine, it's not the best rug trimmer and she'd managed to slice a small spot on her finger open. Because it's sharp, it had cut just deep enough to make it bleed pretty good.
Now any kind of doctoring with Lilie is really quite comical. She's bouncing around and crazy-yelling-crying, all the while she doesn't want to look at it, but as she says, "I don't want to look at it, but I don't feel like I can help it!!!" LOL! It was difficult for me to even look at it, because she's waving her finger all about "OH! Oh! OH!!! It's bleeding!!!! It's BLEEDING!!!! AHHHhhh!!! Oh! My finger!!!! AHhhhh!!" I so want to help her and feel bad for her, but she's so CRAZY! that I just kind of laugh and watch in amazement the entire time. LOL! Well, it's either that or tackle her and sit on top of her so she can't move. :)
Eventually we managed to get a bandaid on it and we started to have a discussion about how important it was that she keep it on until her finger "glued" itself back together. Then I couldn't help myself and had to start telling her all about how there are things called platelets in her blood that would come and help her cut to stop bleeding, but she had to calm down so that her blood would stop pumping so hard and they could do their job. :) (Can I tell you how much I love the human body?! It's so incredible!!!)
At that point Lilie started doing what I call "Yoga breathing". Closing her eyes and while trying to stop "hoo-hoo-hooing", taking deep breaths. All the while saying, "I just . . need to try . . . to calm down." :)
I couldn't help but kiss her sweaty little forehead and hold her close. LOL.
I sure love my crazy little wildflower!

6 comments:
Poor Lilie, but that is kind of funny.
oh if i could just live in your house for a good 24 hours....i think it would make me happy. :)
Oh, my!!! She's adorable...and such a sweet little one! glad she was able to 'calm' down. :) Platelettes....I wonder when Tanner will pick up on that. LOL!
I always love to read your blog. You need to write a book. Reading your blog I felt like I was at your house today. I could hear her crying and I could hear her voice. You have beautiful girls.
Oh, how familiar this is to me. Kaelyn is our little drama queen. I had to get her iron checked yesterday (the quick poke on the tip of the finger that barely gets 2 drops of blood) and she SCREAMED leading up to it, during it, and a little after for good measure. Every scratch, tickle, poke, etc. merits a good dose of screaming. And I am now a very slow responder.
AH!! HA! HA! HA! HA! I can hear her now. "It wasn't a honey bee...It wasn't a honey bee. Honey bees are SO NICE!" Oh Lilie you are wonderful.
Post a Comment