Sunday, December 12, 2010

Numb Thumb - a disjointed update

Super cool when you've been cutting fabric for so long that your thumb starts to go numb . . .

So yes. It is after 2:00 in the morning, but I've got to finish cutting out "Toothless", but I'm going to be thumb-less soon, if I don't take a recirculation breather. Remind me on Monday to go get my scissors sharpened . . . I'm not even close to the bottom of my project pile.

Over the course of the past few weeks, I've done several transcription jobs for Melaleuca. I've actually enjoyed it. It is odd, however, to listen to my children speaking - and for the rest of the afternoon, automatically be processing how I would write what they're saying in a grammatically correct manner.

My house is totally out of sorts and has been since Thanksgiving. I've either been wasting away researching Christmas presents, and generally getting distracted, online or running from store to store - price checking, buying, returning, etc - with three or more children. It's idiotic. And my floors need swept and vacuumed.

Violet is cruising around like a pro now. She has been able to stand on her own for weeks now, but is too afraid to actually do it on purpose. :) She's also getting two new teeth - which will put her at eight. She loves to eat. She is such a good natured baby. - But at the same time, incredibly stubborn. Most of the time, she's an absolute angel, but when I thwart her from climbing under my desk to play with my external hard drive, WATCH OUT. It's amazing to me that 9 month old babies can know how to throw such tantrums. Wow!  --- She is my special little friend. We have such a wonderful connection and I am completely loving the stage she is at right now. She totally adores me and I really do love it. -- Particularly because she loves her daddy so much too. :)

Hazel has recently decided that she loves math. She is working hard every day to get better and she gets so pleased with herself when she succeeds. The first thing she wants to show me when she gets home is how well she did on her math sheet that day. :) She reads super well and really is enjoying "The Magic Treehouse" books right now. We've renewed our efforts to read the Book of Mormon as a family each day and she constantly impresses both Nels and I with her ability to read certain words. She is such a smart and good girl. She so wants those things that are right and good in life.

Lilie is also learning to read. She reads one to two verses at our scripture study time and tries hard to follow along while Hazel is reading as well. She loves school and gets along well with everyone in her class. She doesn't tell me much about school - even when I ask questions. She is so different from Hazel in that respect. If I ask her what she learned, she usually tells me that she can't remember. :) And when I ask her who she played with, for the first three months of the school year, she's tell me that she didn't know, she couldn't remember (or hadn't asked) anyone's name. LOL! However, her teacher has wonderful things to say about her, she is super smart, and comes home with the most impressive rainbow colored papers. Most everything is an elaborate and detailed rainbow. I love it! I've spent a little more time cuddling Lilie lately. It's amazing to me what a difference this makes in her behavior. Her "love language" is definitely physical touch.

Elsie is still my princess. She talks quite a bit about getting married --- always to her Prince (her cousin Isaac). She even tells me every once in a while about how she had a dream about getting married! :) She also talks about other people being married all the time. She is SO different from my older two girls in that respect. She is very helpful and really enjoys being my buddy in the mornings. She is openly obstinate when she doesn't want to do something, but most of the time, she willingly complies. She is a very sweet little princess.

Nels is doing great. I love him so much. He is always concerned with how I'm doing and is very good to come home from a long day at work and help with the dishes, the kids, dinner, etc. He is an incredibly loving and dedicated husband and friend. I've thought a lot lately about how different my life would be, had I not married Nels and I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that he is my husband.

I AM HAPPY.

4 comments:

Sara Newton said...

Elsie and Grace would probably make great pals. Grace talks about getting married ALL THE TIME! She's going to marry "my Andrew," "my Austy," and sometimes she mentions her friend Paige just for a laugh...but I'm pretty sure she doesn't get that Paige is a girl.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. As I was reading I was ready to just keep moving and settle into your basement--just to soak up all that family love and joy. I love you guys. It makes me so happy to hear of all your domestic adventures. Love you all!

Deanna said...

You are awesome. :) Just in case you didn't already know that!!! :)

Amber said...

LOL!! I didn't know she talked about getting married. How funny! =)