Friday, December 17, 2010

The best kind of Christmas Decor

 We got our Christmas decor up, finally! -- Well, as much of it up as we're probably going to anyway. No house lights the past two years. - Sad, I know, but I can only do so much. There will be other years. :)

My mother gave us this beautiful Nativity set last Christmas. I absolutely love it 
and look forward to adding to it in the coming years.

However this year, was not one of those years. :) We are still missing a few pieces, so this year we improvised. :) The girls had lots of fun adding some of their animals to come worship the baby Jesus. The star is one of our ornaments and we added a few of my figurines to keep my lone shepherd company. We couldn't find any wise men (other than Superman, who I'm not really sure is all that wise AND is an alien), so we took our three angels from our Christmas tree to act the part.

 Angels, representing my children, can be wise (wo)men for a year, right? :)

It's got ornaments on it now, FYI.
We got the tree up and all decked out. It looks lovely.
It doesn't have much under it yet, since I've still got a lot of wrapping to do, but you know,

I think I like this little present under it best!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I like how you improvised the 'rest' of your nativity. :) It made my heart happy. :)

Amber said...

I love it!!!