Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Day of Rest

I was thinking of writing a lovely, long post today --- with lots of pictures or maybe one that I've had rolling around in the back of my head for a while --- but then I changed my mind. Instead I'm going to be *maybe* cleaning the kitchen . . . NAH!

Instead. I'm going to lounge on my bed with some kind of frivolous book that I've read several times -- not that parenting book that I've had sitting on my nightstand for four months now. Nope. A good old silly fiction.

Violet is sleeping. Hazel magically announced that she felt like she needed a nap after dinner. Nels is swinging Elsie (and himself) to sleep on the hammock. Lilie just finished unloading the dishwasher (while singing to herself) and now has her "beedee" and pillow out on the trampoline (and probably won't fall asleep, but who cares, she's outside and happy). I wrestled through two hours of Stake Conference today with four children and didn't retain a thing -- besides a little bit of lasting resentment and embarrassment at my children -- and I'm gonna take some time to decompress today. -- Before we start into "the real deal" tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

LOVE those days of rest--the ones that don't come around often enough, even though they are supposed to be every Sunday. :) lol

Sounds like a great afternoon, which I hope was SOOOO enjoyed by you!

ClancyPants said...

Love good silly old fictions...