Friday, August 6, 2010

A Real World View of our Summertime


Things I {Don't} Love about Summer


#1 --- The never-ending stream of MESS that seems to seep into the whole house.

It seems that as soon as I clean it up, I'll leave the room to feed Violet, come back, and it's magically materialized again.

Either I'm loosing my mind . . . .







 . . . . the kids drop things wherever they're standing . . . 


. . . . or I'm just getting really tired of cleaning the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Nonetheless. I DO keep cleaning the same things over again. And eventually we will conquer the STUFF that seems to be overtaking my world. 


#2 --- With the sun setting later, dinnertime seems to creep out of nowhere and I'm never ready for it. Last night after (avoiding the cleaning by) taking pictures (instead), I really didn't want to make dinner. I needed to finish making a cherry pie out of the cherries sitting in the fridge and while I contemplated just having that for dinner, I decided to instead also make a pot pie. Note to self: don't start making pies at 7:30 in the evening. It's too late. Just get pizza (for the third time this week). We finally ate at about 9:15. :)

#3 --- Watering and watering and watering. In my next life :) I'm going to have a sprinkler system.




Things I {LOVE} about Summer

#1--- My flowers 



#2 --- Canning
Aren't they beautiful!?
Call me crazy, but I really do love it.
#3 --- Summer Thunderstorms


As a kid, I loved sitting on the hot afternoon porch in the summer, watching it storm. I love rain and thunder and lightning. I wish we had a better place to watch it at our house now. 


#4 --- Late afternoon naps in your undies - after playing at the lake all day. :)



#5 --- Riding bikes all day.



#6 --- Tan Lines.

In your undies.


#7 --- Lazy days spent laughing at Pink Panther.



#8 --- Getting to spend the afternoon forgetting about the house and enjoying my girls.




Cut her first two teeth in the last two days!

6 comments:

The Moore Family: said...

The little messes are what I hate about summer too... Winston is a little tornato in the house when he's bored. I'll be glad when school starts up again just so he'll have something else to do and my house will stay clena - but then I'll miss him, too.

Amber said...

Messes or not I think your house looks beautiful. I want to come visit you. I think I should buy a plane ticket and come see you for a weekend. How about a birthday present to me?
Your cheeries look amazing! And I love all your beautiful pictures.

Deanna said...

Oh, my goodness. I am SOO with you!!! i am so tired of cleaning the same things over, and over, and over, and over and over and over!!!

But I also love your flowers and love playing with my kiddos. Maybe we need a play date again. :)

Jandy Lou said...

I totally understand the cleaning thing! I often tell Troy he needs to take the kids out while I clean, even if it is just to show him that at one point the house really was clean! Your yard is so pretty! And your cherries look amazing! Where did you find them!? Violet is getting so big, it feel like I haven't seen you in weeks! Tuesday we are headed to the movie...wish me lick as I have my nieces, too. You are welcome to come with. I will call you Monday-ish!

Thomas Family said...

I LOVE your flowers. love love love love love them. And thanks for your comment the other day on my blog. It made my day. or week. or month.... :)

Alisha said...

Awesome pics! Love your flowers! Want to come do mine? LOL!