Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Two Weeks Old


I can't believe Violet has only been a part of our family for two weeks! It almost seems like she's always been here. She is such a sweet little addition to our family. Thus far, she has been a very calm and happy baby. She LOVES to eat (as I'm sure will be confirmed at our doctor's appointment today) and has already started to "fill out". :) Something that none of my other children ever seemed to do till they were three. :) (Elsie, at two and a half, is STILL only about 24 pounds.) Who knows if she'll end up being a chubby baby or not, but she is a much heartier eater than my other girls were. 


She loves to be held and snuggled. She is very patient (thus far) with her sisters' "help". Especially Elsie's -- who loves to snuggle and hug and kiss and poke and point and "keep her warm". :) She also sleeps a lot and has been sleeping in slightly longer stretches at night. We'll see if that lasts.



I don't know that she looks significantly like any one of her sisters, but she looks similar to all of them. She mostly just looks like "one of ours."

I cannot seem to believe that I have FOUR children. Four seems like a lot more than three. I feel like we have moved into a different family bracket. "The Family that No Longer Fits in a Sedan" Bracket. We aren't a "Little Family" anymore. Four kids in less than eight years of marriage. I'm not even 28 yet. (Is it weird that I've thought that I'm at least 28 for the past 6 months or so? Is it weird to mess up your own age when you're only 27? I kinda think I have brain damage.) However, my mom was only 26 when she had me (#4) and my dad was only 29. So we're not that young, right? (yes. we are.)

Anyway, regardless of that random weirdness of having four kids, we are so happy! I'm so thankful to have four beautiful and fun little ladies. I love being a mother. And someday, I will once again enjoy having a clean home and clean laundry again. :) Someday I will enjoy wearing my clothes again. (But, hey, I can now fit in TWO pairs of pants. Hallelujah!) Someday I will get back on the cooking bandwagon. But for now, we are loving this stage. I love my little newborn.

6 comments:

lynsey said...

yay! thanks for more pictures of her, she is soooooo sweet and cute! when her eyes are open she now looks a little more lilie than hazel, but who am i to know?? :)

i was thinking the same thing, i can't believe you guys have FOUR kids now! it really blows my mind when i have a tendency to feel overwhelmed with two. wow, how sad. anyway i love seeing the cute little chub on her leg and as one who had a thin baby first and a chunky baby second, here's hoping she chubs up eve more! the chunk is so much fun.

but no matter if she does chub up or not, she's perfect just the way she is. :)

Deanna said...

She's beautiful!!! I'm looking forward to adding to our family. :) And I have to chuckle, because our 4 yr old Tanner weighs 33 lbs, and his little 2 yr old brother weighs 30.2 lbs. They wear the same shirts. it's hilarious!

Glad things are going well!

P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment. :) It made my day. :) I love your logic and wisdom. We should get together more.

Love you! And those cute pics of your new little one!

Rachel Holloway said...

what a sweetie! Seriously, she is a CUTE newborn...

Can't believe it's already been 2 weeks! How time flies!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love her, can I have her?! LOL She is SO CUTE and definitely looks like a Rachel and Nels Chick baby:) I'm glad you're enjoying life with 4 kids! It does seem like it would be such a big change!:) Glad she's a good eater too!

Lindsey said...

She's beautiful!!!! Congratulations to you all!

Amber said...

I love her cute little hairs and it makes me smile to think of her soft fuzzy little shoulders. My babies had them too =).