----------------------------------------------
This morning I woke up to sun shining through my bedroom window. Not the gloomy kind of sun that is shrouded by grey clouds, but bright, cheery, yellow sunshine. As I held the door open for Hazel and Nels as they left for work and school, I could see the little green tips of my daffodils, just starting to push their way to the surface, through the snow still covering my flower beds. And I felt like singing. And I did. And I cleaned the kitchen floor. On my hands and knees - doing a good job of it for the first time in months. :) (Don't think that I don't clean my kitchen floor regularly. With three children, that would be disgusting. But I usually use a mop.) (Also, please don't give me any well-meaning encouragement about nesting -- I've been "nesting" for more than a month now. My floor was just really dirty and I was feeling up to it this morning. :) Even though the yellow sunshine is no longer shining, but is now shrouded with those yucky grey clouds, the temperatures are still reaching toward 40 (!) and it has been happily sprinkling all morning. Not snowing! Oh happy day!
Spring is still probably more than a month away for us here in Eastern Idaho, but the end is in sight and it will come before we know it. I think I could learn a few things from my daffodils this morning.
I AM GRATEFUL
1. Family. I have the best family. My sweet little children and wonderful husband. They make me smile. They are so excited for this baby to come. The "rest" of my family. My sweet siblings and parents. They all love me. - Even though I have not been maintaining "balance" very well lately.
2. Friends. So many friends have been there to show their love for me over the past week. People I have gone to visit, end up giving ME a boost. So many people have dropped off wonderful tokens of love for me and my family. I love you all. What a wonderful place I live in!
3. A healthy body. I have walked so many miles over the past week. I'm so thankful that my body is good to me. Even when it's achy and painy. :) I'm thankful to be a woman and to have the body that I do. I'm so thankful for the part that I play in bring children into this world.
4. The Defining Line Salon. :) It is amazing what a little pampering can do for a person. :) Even if their magic essential oils don't put me into the throws of labor, it sure feels nice to get a neck massage and have some really wonderful, comfortable gals to chat with. :)
5. Garbage men. Seriously glad that we don't have to haul our own garbage to the dump. :)
6. Pine-sol. That smell will forever mean clean to me. The smell that is permeating my house right now. I love the feel of a clean floor.
7. Seasons. I love when the seasons change. I love the things that are good about each one of them. For the most part, I have really enjoyed the rest that comes with Winter this year. It has been welcome and needed. Looking forward to the Life that comes with Spring.
8. Books. I love the oblivion that can come from books. :) As long as it is moderated. :)
9. Sleep. I slept last night. Thank the Lord. Seriously.
10. Work. I am so thankful for work. For parents that taught me how to work. I don't always love it, but I am thankful for it.
11. Faith. I'm so thankful for the peace that can come (even if it is only in spurts :) from the knowledge that the Lord is in control and he truly does what is best for me and my family. Sometimes (a lot) I feel angry at this reality. I like being in control -- or at least having some kind of bargaining power, you know? I feel resentful when I can't bend circumstances around my desires. (Can you believe that I even complain about my sweet Lilie's shenanigans?? I never really wonder where she gets it from.) However, regardless of the grown up "fit throwing" that I've been doing the past few days, I'm thankful for the faith that I have in my Father in Heaven's love for me. And his eternal patience. (Gives me more than a little something to think about in my own parenting techniques.)
6 comments:
I love reading your blog. :) Even when your day has been crummy, you have a way of writing about it and what you've learned to make anyone smile and also consider their blessings. :)
That essential oil and massage treatment sounds so good right now...I ought to pick up the phone and call Marci right this instant! :)
I Love Pine-Sol Too! I can't wait for my daffodils to show their happy faces around here, you're so lucky!
Rachel, I love you! You always make me see that I'm not alone and that life can be humorous when its not! I blew my top last night as well and ran down the stairs, declaring that I had to do the laundry and then sat on the stairs and cried! Ne ways... great post and hurray for flowers that come up! I hope that baby comes soon for ya! Good luck!
You rock, Moon Chick! I ♥ you. Today was the rough one for me. Now I'm in a sort of stupor. Just sitting at the computer not getting anything done. I've cried too much today. But crying is good. The sky cries in Spring and readies the world for new life. That's very akin to me right now... and you. The new lives we are bringing into the world need some tears to ready the way... right? :) ♥ you!
Sorry about the lack of oil- causing -contractions! I guess the Lord has more power over life comming into the world than Aveda does!! haha. Take care. Love you!
I think I am having one of those "Mama ain't happy days..." I need to be grateful. Awesome post my Dear. Take care. I will have to call you sometime.
Post a Comment