1. I have a new baby. What could be more fabulous? She is the sweetest, softest little bug. She eats well, she sleeps well, she loves to snuggle with me, and she's very patient with all her sisters' loves as well. :)
2. Upon arriving home the other night, we found that our upstairs bathroom floor was covered in water. The tank on the toilet had cracked and was steadily leaking all over. Not fabulous. However, Nels was able to get it fixed the same night and we only had to buy a new tank, as opposed to the entire toilet. That is fabulous.
3. I have wonderful friends who are so willing to help me out. Whether it's dinner, offering to watch my kids, talking to me on the phone, coming over to chat, or holding my little baby for me while I get my dishes done, I have been so very blessed by those around me.
4. Along with having my mama here with me last week, my sisters and SIL all came up last weekend to meet their new little niece. It was so wonderful to have them come! I wish that they lived closer and could come more often. I miss my family. I have such an awesome family.
5. Home. Home is fabulous. As Nels just said, "I love our home." Me too. I love the feeling here. I love that it is filled with my sweet family. I love that Nels works so hard to allow me to stay here and be a homemaker. What an awesome title. Home Maker. I make home. Not a house, but a home. That's cool. I love my job.
5 comments:
Such a sweet post! :) Thanks for the gentle reminders of what it's really about. :) Just thinking about snuggling a new little bug makes me so happy. So Happy.
What a sweet post! I am glad you've had family--that is SUCH a relief and comfort....and really brings that home feeling that you have established so well. Family rocks! :) And I am happy for yours...all of you~
I love that we make home.
I loved your home comment! I really needed to hear that. Thanks! So glad that the toilet worked out and that your baby is doing awesome!
you're such a good example to me...i probably would have posted some long, cantankerous posting about the water tank being broken and whine whine whine about it. instead, you find what you can be grateful for through it. you're so awesome!
please post some new pics of baby violet, i want to see more of her!
p.s. your gift should be there any day now! it's shipping from someplace random, like alabama or something...but there should be a gift card in it so you know it's from us. let me know when you get it!
Post a Comment