Thursday, March 18, 2010

This Month is Such a Special One . . .

Spring is a busy time of year in our house -- birthday-wise. Adding Violet, we now have three birthdays within a month and mine in April. The past month has been slightly busy and I've been a little preoccupied, but I'd like to post about the other two special days that we've shared together in the past month.

Nels

Nels' birthday this year was SUPER relaxed. Not much fun, I know, for a thirtieth birthday, but when you're married to me, that's to be expected.

That's one crazy looking birthday cake, no? :)

The week before Nels's birthday the girls and I were in Utah, so come Valentine's Day and Daddy's birthday, we were pretty wiped out. Hazel didn't have school that day, Nels decided to take the day off from work, and we all stayed happily at home enjoying the day together. Nels got to sleep in to his heart's content, play games with his girls, and generally just get to do nothing. No "honey-do's" or appointments or outings. :) Just together and happy. He said it was exactly what he wanted to do for his birthday and said repeatedly that it was perfect. -- So I'll take it and believe him when he tells me that he's not disappointed that I didn't throw him some elaborate 30th birthday party. 

See, he looks happy, right?

I love my husband so much. He is seriously the best. I can honestly say that there has not been one day in the past nearly 8 years that we've been together that I have not been happy with the decision that I made to be with him. That I have not been thankful that HE is at my side. That I have regretted or longed for the days that I was single. Not one day that I haven't been able to look into his eyes and see and feel the love that we share. He is my best friend. 


Lilie

For the first time in several years, Lilie did not request a blue birthday cake.

My sweet Lilie turned FIVE YEARS OLD this past Saturday. I cannot believe that she is FIVE. I still feel like she should be three. But oh, what a wonderful five years it's been! My Lilie is filled with spunk and fun. She is brave and she is so very strong. She is a loving sister and a forgiving daughter. There are few sounds that I love more than Lilie's laugh - so free and full (and loud). :) She is looking forward to warmer weather, because she is determined that she is NOW ready to learn to ride a two wheeler (something that she was easily ready to do last year, but had decided that she needed to be five first . . . ).  

I can't believe that she will start school this year . . . . I truly don't know how I feel about both my big girls being gone to school. Lilie seems too little to be all on her own like that. She still has a lisp, for goodness sake. :) However, she is definitely ready and asks OFTEN when she gets to go to school. She reads . . . nearly as well as Hazel, can easily count to 100 and 100 (that's what comes after 199), and is independent and so clever. This coming year will certainly bring many new challenges and adventures into her life!


Two of her new birthday dinosaurs and one cheesy birthday smile! 


Not only did she get to enjoy a brand new baby sister for her birthday, but Grandma Moon got to be here, as did 4 of Lilie's aunts. Melissa, Wendie, Kelly, and Genny made their way up from Utah that day to celebrate with us. She got to enjoy a special date with Grandma on Friday, going out to lunch and picking out a present at Toys-R-Us. Grandma even took her and Hazel to a movie that night! What a lucky girl! 

3 comments:

Deanna said...

That is so cool that Nels Made a movie with them!!! :) Sounds like your March is like our December! :)

Alisha said...

I'm so glad that all my birthdays are spread out a little bit!! Anthony turns 30 a week after my baby is due! Not much of a party!! I loved the movie! What a great tradition!!

Amber said...

Happy birthday Lilie!!! You are a very cute 5 year old! I like your dinosaurs and your smile. Have a great year in kindergarten!