Saturday, December 19, 2009

Negatory

Can you imagine being told that you have gestational diabetes one week before Christmas? I think I'd probably resign myself to dying and just pig out. :) Fat and happy.

Thankfully, that was not the case (the diabetes part, not the fat and happy part). If you have had to do this test before, I feel for you and I'm sure that you feel for me. :) Telling a woman 6 1/2 months pregnant to fast (boo) and then the only thing that you give her is a NASTY sugary drink for the next 3 hours! Are you kidding? The nurse kept asking me how I was feeling. How do you think I'm feeling??? I feel like I'm going to puke this disgustingness all over you and I haven't eaten in 12 hours.

So hooray for me. I am not gestationally diabetic. :) I can now go back to eating "whatever I want." Happy day.

Also, why is it that I only seem to get sick when Nels is very busy? This is a mean trick, Body, you hear me?

Today I am thankful for cheese covered bagels and oranges, a warm home and comfy bed, computer games, and a husband who is (going to be) willing to come home and save the day (if only he can make it before I feel compelled to just get up and save myself). ----- Also thankful for the two arms and two legs that will enable me to go make order out of the basement I have not entered all day, but which my children have been enjoying as I've slept for 4 1/2 hours.

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Glad that you get to pig out and eat what you want! That test is the worse!

The Webber's said...

Oh my word - been too long since I've looked at your blog! I can't believe how big your girls are!! They are BEAUTIFUL as well! Hazel and Lilie are girls now, not these little toddlers I remember them as. Crazy how quickly things change isn't it?! Glad to hear your pregnancy is going so well - hope it continues that way!

Perry's said...

i hope you get feeling better. You need to post some pregnant pictures.

ClancyPants said...

So, guess what? I get to go in Monday for the 3 hour test too! :) I figure they'll tell me the same thing they told you because, hey, it's the holidays! Who WOULDN'T fail their initial glucose tolerance test mere days after Christmas!? Anyway, I've been thinking of you since my "news" yesterday about my "results"...
♥♥♥
C

Amber said...

I'm glad you passed your test! Hurray for food! I am sad you are sick too.