Friday, December 4, 2009

KETCHUP!

If you don't know that joke, you should.

So it's been quite a while since I decided to really update my blog. I'm not quite sure why I've been avoiding it, but I think it's one of several of the following:

A) we've switched computers, my picture folder is on the other computer and hasn't been moved yet.

B) I delay posting until I have my pictures ready -- and I don't always like editing my pictures. It's a procrastination thing.

C) the baby is sucking my brains out.

D) I do have things to say, but don't want to say them until I'm updated.

E) this time of year always seems to get busy with projects and such.

Yeah. Probably all of them. Mostly I'm just a procrastinator. --- Anywho. I'm going to update a little bit. At least the pictures that are already on this computer.

Near the end of October, an old mission buddy of Nels's was in the area doing some work and he and Nels had a good time hanging out while he was here. While his wife was up from AZ for the weekend, we took a day trip up to Mesa Falls, Island Park, and West Yellowstone. Thanks Casey and Tanya for a great day! We wish you lived closer!!


Lower Falls


What a cute family I have!


Got stuck in construction on the way to West Yellowstone.
Elsie is adorable!

Sadly this year marked yet ANOTHER summer without actually making it into Yellowstone. However, I seem to make it closer and closer each time. This time we actually drove up to the front gates! :)



It's slightly difficult to see in this picture, but this is what happens when you wipe your nose with the back of your hand too much. You get a permanent red mustache for a week! :) It spread clear from one cheek bone to the other. She's apparently very thorough and SO funny to me!


HALLOWEEN

I spent the week before Halloween making costumes and dreading the sugar to come. :) Hazel's was very simple, Elsie's only took me about an hour and a half, but Lilie's costume was the real kicker this year. Somehow or another I just can't refuse her funny costume requests! Last year, if you remember, she was a bat (still one of my most favorite costumes of all time!). This year was far more complicated, but lots of fun!


R2D2, Ewok, Leia


They were all oh so cute and fun! They loved their costumes and trick-or-treating. The night before Halloween, Nels got a call from an acquaintance wondering if he'd be interested in working that day in Montana. Never one to turn down work or money :), Nels left us and I hauled the girls to Utah for trick-or-treating with cousins.


Isaac, Eli, and Ali

3 comments:

Perry's said...

What cute pictures. I want to see some pictures of your cute belly.

Sara Newton said...

So, when were you going to mention that you chopped off all your hair! By the way, I have to say that I love your hair short. :) I hope it's easy to fix with 4 girls running around! I love that R2D2 costume.

Amber said...

First of all, I love your hair!!!! And Second I love the girls costumes!