Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Like and Don't

Nels likes the way I talk. This makes me happy. I'm a stickler (is that really how you spell that??) for making correct sentences, with, in my mind, correct punctuation. However, I am also somewhat of a lazy talker. I don't think before I speak very often. I omit and filter, yes. But once it's decided that I want to say something, there's not a lot of delay. As a result of my obsessiveness + laziness I often make weird and convoluted statements. Like the title above. I decided to write a post about things that I like to today and things that I don't. Only i wrote "I Like" then I remembered that I was going to write things that I don't like too. "and Don't" :) Reading that makes me smile. I think it's funny. And I love that I'm too lazy to have it make more sense. Like the day Nels was teasing me about . . . something. I responded, "Don't tell me what I am, and not." It doesn't make any sense --- but it does. I start down a particular train of thought and instead of revising and starting over, when it's not going as planned, just keep talking. If you add enough commas and parentheses, it will come out on top. :)

And there you have it. Pure unfiltered nothingness that you didn't need to know. From my brain to yours. :)

__________________________________


I like . . . 

the sparse and random snowflakes falling so very slowly outside my window. Like they're too fluffy to fall in a straight line.

that it isn't windy today.

that it snowed most of the day yesterday, covering up all the ugly deadness that is December and January. and February.

sleeping in (till 8:30!!!) snuggled up next to my husband - who is like a heater. I like that he is all mine, and no one else's.

that even though I feel really ugly and fat right now, technically I've only gained about 5 pounds since the beginning of this pregnancy. :) I suppose there is one bright side to puking for 11 weeks straight. :)

that I only have 10 weeks left of this pregnancy. Not that I'm antsy or anything, just excited.



I don't like . . .

that I only have 10 weeks of this pregnancy left. It's going by very quickly, I don't know that I'm ready. I'm not.

that I have a new haircut and no hairdryer. I left it at my parents' house and have had the hardest time justifying the purchase of a new one.

that my iron has finally decided to give up the ghost (probably because I left it on for 23 hours and always unplug it by pulling on the cord). Not a huge problem because I am worried about wrinkly clothes, but because I honestly can't finish sewing until I have one.

puking.

that going to the store requires me to leave my house. And leaving my house requires me to bring my children. Bringing them requires them getting ready. Asking Lilie to do anything usually requires a great deal of patience that is in short supply.

that I still feel irritated with my middle child today. How do you get an obstinate child to obey? How do you stay calm when you have to repeat yourself 9 times, with every request? How do you handle being entirely ignored? I'm not handling it well.

that having clean clothes requires me to WASH them.

that at some point in your pregnancy, you're going to start feeling unattractive. Of course, wrinkled HUGE shirts, unruly hair, no makeup, dirty pants, a messy room, and a list of to-do's don't really help remedy the situation. :)

that I'm sitting here blabbing about what I don't like, instead of just changing it! The end.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love the part about shopping! Amen!!!