Friday, December 4, 2009

My New Old Chair

I have been working on several different projects lately -- most of which have been for my bedroom. It's been lovely. And fun. (And incredibly time consuming. Time mostly spent staring off into space just thinking and stressing.) I'll give a comprehensive post of them when I'm finished with . . . I'd say all, but there's always something on the back burner . . . how about when I finish the next three of them. :) My bulletin board, white shams, and throw pillows. I hope they'll be completed by the beginning of the year, but I've also got nightgowns and doll clothes to sew (as well as a long-ago-promised blanket to bind :) and nearly completed treasure boxes to - well, complete.

This is one project that I finished a month or more ago and actually took pictures of! With the purchase of Nels' new computer, we moved our old one up to our bedroom. I got a new (old) desk from the thrift store and painted it a beautiful turquoise blue, but I needed the right chair. I found this little beauty at another thrift store and knew she'd be the one . . . with a few tweeks.



Can't you just SEE the potential?! :) After fruitlessly searching the local stores for any fabric even remotely attractive, I finally found what I was looking for online. (Oh, how I love online shopping!)

I love colors. I love bold prints. I love new - old things. I love spray paint.



Isn't she gorgeous?! I love my chair so much! It makes me happy every time I see it!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, beautiful, fun, and ... I LOVE IT!!!!! You did a great job! I love the white paint and the sliver sliders on bottom. Rachel....looks fabulous!

Perry's said...

you did an amazing job. Great work

Life for the Pillings said...

Super cute chair!! Hey if you want another quilt to bind I have one that would make Kelly really happy if it were done. I am such a crappy person sometimes BIG SIGH..

Amber said...

Oh Rachel! I love it! I love the fabric. So fun! great job!!!! I can't wait to see your fancy desk. Post, post, post, post.... =)

The Ricks Family said...

I love the chair and be sure to tell your friend that the wait on the quilt binding is quite long :-)
I love and miss you so much. Something about this time of year maybe. Or maybe you are just great and I can't find anyone like you here