Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fabulous Thursday Night

I'm not quite sure if I'll get around to doing my Fabulous Friday tomorrow, so I think that I'll just post tonight.

1. As of today, I am officially in my third trimester!
          That is just so weird to me. I can't believe how quickly time goes at times. Maybe that's part of the reason that March is such a perfect time to have a baby. -- You are so busy all through your second trimester with the Holidays, that by the time they're over you're practically there. We're really looking forward to meeting this new little addition to our family.

2. I'm pretty much done Christmas shopping.
          How great is that?! Other than some random things for stockings and whatever Nels finally concludes he would like, I'm D-O-N-E, done. Even better, almost all of my shopping was done from the comfort of my own bedroom, in my pajamas, while my kiddos played happily together. I love online shopping. I can usually find as good, if not significantly better, prices online - AND - every time a package comes in the mail, it's like early Christmas for me! I love it. -- The joys of planning ahead!

3. My tree is not dead.
         Even after a week and a half, my cute little tree is still sucking up water! Hooray! This hasn't happened in years!

4. It's supposed to get warmer this weekend! - And snow!
          If you've ever lived in Eastern Idaho, you will appreciate that it might actually make it above THIRTY degrees this weekend!! The past WEEK has been frigid. Negative numbers nearly every night -- and into the daytime. It was -12 as I drove Hazel to school this morning and is, even now, back down to -4. We've barely gotten into double digits during the day. Not even warm enough to make a snowman.

5. This day is finally over and this week is drawing toward it's end.
          It hasn't been a horrible day. It hasn't been a horrible week. But every single day this week has felt like it should be AT LEAST Thursday to me. It has felt so long. I don't know why. Nels has been sick the past two days. He's had fevers of 103 - 104 ---- and has been all but useless. :) Just kidding. I feel so bad for him. He's got so much to get done, that is getting pushed back as he lies in bed moaning and groaning. Poor man. This evening Lilie was complaining of feeling sick and I'm not positive that Elsie isn't coming down with it as well.
          On top of my little sickies, I ruined a project that I've really been looking forward to completing. I've planned on making a calendar / bulletin board for my bedroom out of an old - and big - frame that I picked up this summer. As I was finishing it up - with several irritating, but fixable mistakes along the way - I pushed the glass to center it better and cracked it. Right through the center. ---- As it is, I'm not going to stress about it at the moment and it will remain with its huge crack until some distant date. But still incredibly . . . frustrating.
          So yeah. It's been a decent week, but I'm ready for it to be over. I'm ready for Christmas break. I'm glad it's getting closer.

6. We have a name for our new baby!
          The girls (Hazel and Lilie) ask Elsie all the time things about having a new baby. Things like, "Are you excited, Elsie?" To which Elsie gives them unrelated answers, because she doesn't really understand what they're talking about. :) She's an incredibly talkative little lady and has recently started making up her own words to things -- or at least her own meanings to words. Words such as "laslards". I have absolutely no idea what this word means to her or what word she is perhaps trying to say, but I laugh every time she says it. She has also been playing a lot with a shapes puzzle we have. I'll tell her the name of the shapes as she puts them in their correct place.
          So as my big girls were asking Elsie all sorts of random questions the other day, they asked, "Elsie! What should we name our new baby?!" To which she promptly replied, "Baby Otadon." So their you have it folks. Our next baby, by sisterly decree, will be named Baby Octagon. One of my all time favorites. So named by her sister, Fish.

(When I was pregnant with Elsie, Hazel insisted that Fish was a very nice name for our new baby.)

7. I have fingernails.
         That's worth posting about, isn't it? Of course it is. I've always been a compulsive nail biter. - Not something I'm proud of, but a habit that has been with me as long as I can remember. I've gone through brief spurts of reform in the past few years, but in the end, I always seem to regress. I've learned, however, through these sporadic periods of self control, that I have kind of thin nails that are prone to chip and break easily. Well, with the help of some serious introspection and the joys of pregnancy hormones, I've been able to achieve something that I have coveted of others (especially my SIL, Melyni) for most of my life. Healthy, long nails. {{{satisfied sigh}}} I don't know if it will last, but I'm relishing it for now.  ((Melyni, I honestly think that you have some of the prettiest nails I've ever seen. I'm not, by nature, a jealous person, but I wish I had nails like yours. Heck, I'd even settle for nails like Nels's. Such perfect nails should never be wasted on a man! :)

8. I have creative children.
          I was just thinking that I couldn't think of anything else for now. That my brain had come up with all the fabulous things it could think of in its sleep deprived stupor. Then, I looked down at the desktop next to my hand and saw the word "MOM" etched there in my sweet Lilie's adorable handwriting. It is also scrawled in the file cabinet drawer to the right of me. I thought of how I could rant about how irritating it is to me that my child feels the need to "leave her mark" wherever she sits. That she has defaced several pieces of furniture here in the basement. But you know, as I looked at it, it brought a smile to my face. Of all the things she chose to write. MOM.



I love my girl.


5 comments:

Hannah said...

Baby Octagon, and I thought you were going to name her something silly!!!!

I'm glad that you've reached your third trimester- wow! That did go by fast!

Oh, and don't feel too bad about cracking the glass in your calendar- you can always just take the glass out and it will probably look just fine. I did the exact same thing the other day when I was finally framing the family portrait that we had taken a year ago! At first i was so mad, but then I took the glass out and hung it up anyway- no one has even noticed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Perry's said...

I love the name Octagon. I also love the name Fish. You have beautiful girls. I also agree and understand the need for children to color on everything.
I have not seen you in so long. We need to get together next time your in Bountiful

lynsey said...

okay, i'm getting caught up here.

1st-i can't wait to hear the name of the new baby lady chick! i always love the names you guys decide on.

2-lilie is hilarious and has one of the most adorable faces ever!

3-hazel lost a tooth?? seriously, she is growing up so fast!

4-i could just eat up that cute elsie bug. she's adorable!

5-i LOVE that chair. fabulous job, m'lady. seriously you do good work and i love all of the colors you use. so bright and happy!

6-your christmas tree looks great. i love that it's unique and looks beautiful. and of course the adventure in getting it is half of the fun. :)

7-i almost dry heaved when i saw the picture of nels and the pumpkin seeds. SO. NASTY.

8-you had BETTER get your BUNS out to AZ in JANUARY or i will BEAT you UP.

clear? okay. merry christmas!

Amber said...

What an awesome post! I am happy your little Fish can help you name your baby. I love that sweet little Lilie. She cracks me up!!! And congratulations on having a drinking tree and finger nails! Yeah Rachel!!!!