Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Family Fun!

This past weekend we made a spur of the moment decision to head down to Utah for some fun in the snow at the Moon family cabin. With having moved while I was in high school, this is one place that we can go that holds a LOT of childhood memories. It is a sweet place to go visit and I am filled with so many nostalgic feelings there. We had a great weekend of snowmobiling, sledding, playing in the snow, talking, and playing lots of games. Hazel and Lilie had a fantastic time playing with their cousins Cade and Karlie. It was so fun to see them having the same kind of fun that I had with my cousins when we were kids . . . and still do.


This is SO typical and so funny to me. Nels & I went on a little snowmobile trip with my dad & Lilie. Lilie fell asleep in my dad's lap after about 5 minutes and STAYED asleep the entire time! It made the going a little difficult for my dad, but we had a great time! He tried to shake her and talk to her and move her all around, but to no avail. Next time I'm having a hard time getting her to go to sleep . . . all I'll have to do is borrow a snowmobile, take her on a rough trail for several miles, and do everything that I can to get her to wake up . . . LOL!

Strangely 4-wheeling with my dad has the same effect on my kids! Crazy children!

My handsome hubby after our ride! Isn't he GREAT!?


I got to also go for a ride with my dad. As I was getting ready to take off and putting on my goggles, Nels starts laughing and says, "You know, Rachel, most of the time I don't see a lot of resemblance between you as an adult and pictures of you when you were a kid. - But right now I can totally see it!" ------- Lovely. The time when my husband can see how I resemble my childhood-self is when I'm wearing ENORMOUS goggles and a cheesy grin!

2 comments:

lynsey said...

i can't believe lilie...although i have heard studies that the sound of a snowmobile is almost exactly like the sound unborn babies hear inside the womb. ok that was a lie. that girl would probably sleep through a tornado!

Amber said...

Ha! Ha! I have to agree with Nels. You are such a cute girl!! No one could have a bigger happier grin that makes everyone around you smile. I love it!!!