
Earlier this month we had the wonderful opportunity of taking a tour of the new Rexburg temple. What a sweet experience! My mother, dad, brother, and sister-in-law came up to go with us and stayed at our home. It was so great to have them here! I wish that our family could be closer to us, but I guess it sure makes us appreciate it when we get to see them! I love them so much! I wish I had some more pictures to post, but I'm beginning to realize (sadly) that I'm not the best picture taker.

The temple is SO beautiful! I'm so thankful to have another temple close to us and this particular temple holds such a special place in my heart. (I get all weepy even thinking about it - sigh...)
My Senior year of high school, I remember trying to decide where I should go to college. From the moment that Ricks College came into my mind, there was nowhere else to even consider. I remember my mom asking me, "Why Ricks?" I told her I didn't know. That's just the only place that there is...that's the only place that is even in my mind. I remember almost 8 years exactly from today taking my first trip to Rexburg and driving down the snow and ice and "red rock" covered streets thinking, "Are you SERIOUS??? THIS is where I'm supposed to be??? It's so small and ugly!" (Any of you locals have to admit, Rexburg in February is not the most beautiful place.)
I grew up in Rexburg. I met my sweet husband there. We became a family there. All three of my babies have been born there. I gained a real testimony of my Savior, his love for me, and the Atonement. I learned to serve in His church and to love Relief Society. I learned how to follow the Spirit. I became a mother there. I met most of my closest friends there. I love Rexburg. I guess to me this temple represents all the years that I (and we) spent growing there. I have such tender memories of Rexburg.

I just want to invite any of you who would like to go through the temple, to let me know. I've found that you don't actually have to have tickets to go through. If you show up, they'll let you in. It is truly worth the drive! It was priceless to be able to take our girls into the House of the Lord and give them a chance to see inside and talk about the special blessings that the Lord has in store for us there.
Poor Elsie didn't get to go with us, as I figured that she probably just wouldn't appreciate it as much as the older girls would, but I look forward to the day when I can have all of my family with me, together, in the House of the Lord.
3 comments:
Rach- well, it's about time that you posted =)!!! I am so excited to see the temple finished! Many o my feelings reflect what you said about "growing up" and experiencing so much in Rexburg! I really do miss many things about it there and hope that we can return for a visit sooner than later! You and the family loook great! Elsie is already getting so big- I think she looks a lot like Nels and Lilie...well, emailme or call me sometime, I'm an open book so don't ever worry about calling too late or whatever (I would call you but I don't have your #!!!) Love ya, Hannah
The temple is beautiful. I'm bugged that you didn't invite me and get me tickets when Mom and Dad came :0( j/k
I am glad to hear that you don't have to have tickets to go - how long does the open house last for? I think that its neat that Rexburg is so special to you. It's always good to have some place that brings back a lot of good memories. I agree with the last post - I'm glad that you finally updated this - I've been waiting - really! It's really cute and I like being able to read your blog. I have to laugh at the different timings of our post. You emailed everyone at midnight last night and I'm posting at 6 in the morning - Ha Ha Ha! Isn't that just the way it is :0)!! We are complete opposites when it comes to bed time and getting up. I think it's funny! Love Ya!
So, how long are they doing the open house? Email me or tell me on my blog. We might come!! That would be so much fun!!!
Post a Comment