Two days after Christmas my sweet mother gave me a wonderful gift! She took Elsie, Genny, and me to Arizona with her to visit my Aunt and her family! I had a hard time leaving my big girls and my hubby for 5 days, but it was fabulous to spend some time outside, in the sun, in DECEMBER, in only a t-shirt! We had a grand time playing wiffle ball and bocce ball, mafia and board games until the wee hours of the morning, and talking non-stop! It was SO fun!
I got introduced to a new game while there, called Ticket to Ride. This is my new favorite game and recommend it HIGHLY to all! I the thing I like about it most is that although you want to win (duh!) you can pretty much go through the game building your little trains and having fun without it being too competitive. (Unless of course, it's 1:00 in the morning, you haven't gotten hardly any sleep for the past two weeks, and you have a tendency to get overly emotional. --- Sorry, Jesse! I love you, I PROMISE!)
One of the highlights of this trip (and the main reason I went, besides being able to lock my sister and my mom in the car with me and my newborn for 24 hours) was getting to spend time with my cousin Amber. She and I have been as close as sisters (who live days apart) our entire lives. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful friend! It was so great to get to know her sweet little family!
I love my cousins and aunts and uncles! I am so thankful that this is such an important part of our family! I hope and pray that we will be able to keep the love and friendships that we share throughout our entire lives. So many people don't seem to have those strong relationships with their extended family and I feel so blessed that that is something that my mom and her siblings have maintained! They are truly some of my best friends in the whole world! I have such love and respect for each one of you!
3 comments:
So I'm wondering who got a little "emotional" you or Jesse :0)? Mom keeps telling me about that game. We are all going up to the Cabin tonight, maybe we will play it there. If you feel like making a spur of the minute choice - you should come to the cabin tonight. Wendie and Russ are coming up in the morning. Karlie had such a blast sleigh riding when we went up a couple weeks ago - she is way excited to go again. FYI - beds are going to be hard to come by. Some of the Merkleys are coming to.
*Snif*Snif* You are going to make me cry. I love you too Rachel! I love all of our long talks. I love talking and laughing for hours about all of our silly mommy moments with our children. It is great. A conversation with you can brighten my whole week!!! Love you!
Oh, I am so so so incredibly glad that you came to AZ. Thank you for making that sacrifice to come see me!!!!
Post a Comment