Thursday, January 24, 2008

Christmas 2007

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! How wonderful to have children! It was so much fun to watch Hazel and Lilie this year opening presents! (Elsie wasn't much for opening presents! In fact, she slept right through Christmas morning! Can you imagine??? :) )

This year we spent Christmas in the desert at the Chickweed Oasis! Christmas Eve was spent with Nels's brother Erik and his family in Boise. We had a wonderful time playing their new Wii with them...Emily (Nels' 6 year-old niece) is a master at pretty much every game we played and had a grand time putting us in our place. :) That evening we drove back to Mnt. Home. The rest of the Chick clan had gone down to Hagerman for the Annual Chick Christmas Party and so we spent a special Christmas Eve with just our little family. We had a lot of fun opening jammies, drinking hot chocolate, and watching the "Grinch" with our sweet little girls. It was really a new experience to spend Christmas Eve alone, but it had a really special feeling to it.

Christmas morning was pure excitement and chaos! I'm so thankful to have children and see how excited they get! I must say, Nels and I love being Santa and Mrs. Claus! I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful in-law family! We had a great time!



1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! How do you get away with looking so incredible on Christmas morning?