So the last time I REALLY cut my girls' hair was a while ago.
Three to four years ago, in fact.
Sure, they've had plenty of trims, but no significant cuts since either of them was about four.
We have a plethora of heads of hair in this household - if you didn't know - and getting everyone presentable in the morning is honestly a bit of a joke. There's a lot of frustration, a lot of tears, and a lot of time that goes into it.
So we decided a couple of weeks ago that it was time for a change.
Now, particularly for Hazel (because she's got hair like mine = crazy), short hair does NOT mean easier hair. ~Learned that last time we chopped it.~ However, we just really needed a change of pace in the mornings.
For Lilie, I love her hair long. I love her hair short. I even love her hair REALLY short and briefly considered the boy hair of 2009 cut, but in the end just settled on a short little bob.
Both had more than enough to donate their hair to Locks of Love. It made the chop a little easier for Hazel to swallow. Sweet, generous girl.
I'm going to write a post later about the hilarity/ridiculousness of taking all five girls with me anywhere in this town, but I'm just going to throw in here that hair salons are not my favorite place to have five children running around.
And that Clara is the most perfect baby I've ever seen.
It's incredible to me how much a haircut can do. Somehow especially Hazel, looks both younger and more grown up. She also looks a little less unkempt, which is really what we were going for. :)











5 comments:
Oh!!! Those gorgeous girls!!!!!
i just gave all three of my boys trims....which turned into buzz cuts for all three. Sad to see Kortlen's curls go, but it was time. :)
I love their haircuts! Now I just need to convince Hannah that it would be a really good idea. Gorgeous girls!
That is a lot of hair! Children's hair is always so healthy too! They look so cute and just in time for summer!
Julie Button is a very enthusiastic commentor.
*wink*
And your girls are a-freakin-dorable, regardless of the status of their hair. ♥♥
Beautiful girls!...is it weird that part of me hurt to see all that beautiful hair come off? I think that I'm going to have a hard time cutting Julia's when it comes time for it!
Post a Comment