Friday, April 27, 2012

Buried

Oh, my blog.

{{{sigh}}}

I think about you daily.

I want to post.

I want to post the things that we're doing.

I'm GOING to post.

I just don't know when.

There is so much to do
-like laundry
-like dishes
-like dinner
-like unpacking . . . still
-like food
-like keeping Violet from pushing Clara's face into the ground
-like . . . avoiding the office because it's a disaster.

Now. I LOVE what I do all day

. . . except for the days that I have a meltdown on my two oldest kids because they leave a string of messes behind them - everywhere they go - worse than a toddler.

I love my life. I love being a mom.

I do not love moving my entire house.

I still haven't quite figured out what to do with everything and I'm now to the point of avoiding it by doing idiotic and unproductive things -- but not anything that is deliberate (like blogging or sewing) and I KNOW will take an hour or so -- because there really are other things that NEED to be done first.

Instead I spend all afternoon browsing Amazon for things that I don't need right now.

I also think I might need to reevaluate some of my current blogging techniques. I don't blog because I don't want the hassle of pictures. Well, I might have to just start going without visual aids for the time being . . . at least half of the time.

I just need to knuckle down and get to work.

Because I've been in some odd state of "unpacking" and "in between" for over SEVEN months now.

But I'm going to do it. Today is a new day and I've already made tremendous progress.

Just muscle through it so that I can start making time for some fun things that I've been looking forward to doing again.

I LOVE BEING A MOM.

I DO NOT LOVE UNPACKING.

7 comments:

Kris said...

I hear ya! I hate packing and unpacking! We are moving by the way....it's still in the Spokane Valley just a few blocks from where we are at now, but we sure will miss this place. Any way I feel your pain. I will soon be in the "I hate unpacking" state with you. Good luck. Call/txt me any time you want to come out here and let the kids play!

Deanna said...

right there with ya.

Amber said...

You are almost there. You can do it!!! Love you tons!

Julie Button said...

You can do it! Good luck!

ClancyPants said...

That's why there are so few pictures on my blog. Cuz they're a pain in the butt and I really just like to write. Or, well, I used to....

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad to know that someone else out there is experiencing the same things as me right now. We have yet to hang pictures in our house, but the pile has moved about 4 times! I think it took me about 5 weeks to organize a closet (times 4 closets=5 months). And it seems I don't accomplish a single thing each day except redo what has been undone throughout the day. And that whole toddler pressing the babies head into the floor thing--that's us! And I'm guessing you haven't gotten an undisturbed 8 hours of sleep for quite a while now. All in all, it is a wonderful yet exhausting time of life and someday we will be bored!

Life for the Pillings said...

Haha! You sound like me. We must be related! Did you read my last post? :) I. Get. It. Love ya Rach!