Oh, how I love the sunshine. Love it.
This March has been record-breakingly wet here in Sandpoint.
Idaho Falls gets an average of 11 inches of rain a year. Nothing surprising there; it's the desert for goodness sake.
Sandpoint gets an average of 34 inches of rain per year. THREE times as much! (For comparison, Seattle gets about 36.)
Now. Bring us up to the last month. March 2012. Rainfall over 8 INCHES!!! Almost as much as Idaho Falls' yearly! (source: Bonner Daily Bee)
Good heavens. It's been almost more than this Desert Dweller could bear.
Baptism by fire - or some such. :)
So this morning when I opened my eyes to see the sun shining on the mountains outside my bedroom window and the forecast to be above 60 degrees (for the first time this year), I was singing before my feet even touched the floor.
Seriously. I don't think Nels liked it, but who cares, right? The sun was telling me good morning and how could I not answer back?! I walked through the house singing,
Then I came upon my children apparently glorying in the first real rays of Spring as well.
I made breakfast, cleaned the laundry room, and then we all escaped the confines of the house and have been marinating in Vitamin D ever since.
A walk along the beach by the Long Bridge.
A picnic and a couple of hours at the park.
Home again for some naps and snuggling in the heat on the trampoline.
It's been heavenly.
Nothing buy blue skies in every direction.
A far cry from the picture I took a couple of weeks ago on my way to the library.
| Cute little bebes. |
They keep telling me the summers here are to die for . . .
. . . after a day like today, I can almost believe it.
6 comments:
got to love great weather- it really does something incredible for the soul. We had an absolutely perfect day here as well...and not even a breeze- HEAVEN!
The girlies look so cute with their haircuts! Love you guys!
That.is.a.lot.of.rain. LOL! Love that today was a sure sign of wonderful things to come!!!
Tinian loved that video:) hehe I'm glad you had a good day in the sun!! It has been nice to have this unusually warm weather for the winter. Hope you keep having more sun!:)
Sunshine, blessed Sunshine! Does so much to lift the spirit. I love it, too, and VitD is more fun to get from the sun rather than pill! Love your pics and love those girlies!
That is a whole lot of rain!! So glad that you had some sunshine!!
Wow if you are getting that much rain, it must be just like Washington and be so incredibly gorgeous when the sun shines! That is the kind of place I want to build my summer home!
Post a Comment