I love Sunday.
I love this Sunday.
Last Sunday, after being late for church three Sundays in a row I made a vow to never be late - because of me - again. Sure, if a bomb blows up in my living room, I'll give myself a break --- but never again because I wasn't ready.
(That being said, I have five other people to get ready every Sunday as well, so it's not like I'm sittin' around on my rear all morning or anything when everyone is ready to walk out the door but me . . . )
So. This morning I was up by 6:30. Showered, dressed, and ready before breakfast. I got all five girls ready with 3 bathed, 4 heads of blonde hair curled, five bodies dressed with SHOES! and dinner 80% made - all while Nels was writing a talk for Sacrament Meeting.
(A talk which, by the way, went incredibly well. It was so good.)
We were there with time to spare.
I love this Sunday.
I love sitting by the fireplace and looking out the back windows at the mountains and the sunset while Nels sleeps on the floor next to me on Sunday.
I love hearing my girls teach themselves how to play the piano on Sunday.
I love this beautiful girl who begged to stay in her purple church dress and frilly slip - that comes and lays her head on my knees on Sunday.
I love sweet sisters who love and snuggle and maul each other on Sunday.
I love this baby that is not only crawling and pulling herself up to everything and cruising around the furniture - but also has just started letting go of that furniture and standing all on her own for a second or two on this Sunday.
Even though she doesn't realize that she's still just too little to do such things.
And I love this little Chick with the chicks who is conspicuously absent in all the photos that I took on this Sunday afternoon because she was graciously sleeping off her crazies. :)








9 comments:
it must have been some sort of miracle sunday because for the first time in months, we were also not just on time, but EARLY to church today! we got a soft seat and everything.
though i have to say, the list of all that you accomplished before church was seriously amazing.
and i love the view from your windows too, and am super jealous of it. as i stare out of mine to look at dust, rocks and brown brown brown. or green, because the grass is fake.
and i love your little girlies and your cute baby girl!! you've always had fast movers, rach. and with you as their mom, who is full of energy and a fun personality, it's no wonder. those little chickies have to get ready early so they can be prepared to take over the world! :)
Good for you for getting to church on time! I have finally been to church on time almost all year... But then again my church is at 1:30 :)
Share your secrets! No matter how I try we are always running late....Yeah for wonderful Sundays!!
Alisha, I got up at 6:30. That's how. :) Sunday just any be a sleep in morning anymore. :) and no more doing anything but getting ready. I'm so tired of being late. I don't care if I had to get up at 5:00, we are not going to be late again.
I am amazed and inspired! Great job! and beautiful post of your successful Sunday!
p.s. you are GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you for sharing the pics - mwith the narratives. We always love to "see" the family (you all!) We love you guys.
You figured out the trick! For some reason, during the week we get kids off to school, and then mom and other kids ready before 9:00 or 10:00, but on Sunday, we can't seem to make it to 11:00 church. But you figured it out! Mom has to be ready first! Before the wee little ones start scampering around.
You figured out the trick! For some reason, during the week we get kids off to school, and then mom and other kids ready before 9:00 or 10:00, but on Sunday, we can't seem to make it to 11:00 church. But you figured it out! Mom has to be ready first! Before the wee little ones start scampering around.
Post a Comment