Tuesday, February 7, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 1 & Day 2

So my sisters-in-law are doing a 30 Day Photo Challenge.

I think it sounds like fun, so I'm jumping on the band wagon. - Melyni is also making her own "challenge" to lose five pounds this next month and I'm going to join her in that as well.

I'll be honest, losing weight, when I'm nursing, has always been horrid for me. I actually tend to gain very little weight when I'm pregnant, but afterward pack on the pounds. When I'm nursing and my hormones are still cuckoo, watch out. I can just eat and eat and eat and eat and eat (until I die).  (Name that movie.)  I never feel full and always feel hungry. However, this last pregnancy I am changing that. I gained about 10 pounds with Clara and after watching my calories for the past month, I'm down about to my pre-pregnancy weight. Hooray! I've still got almost 20 pounds to go, but instead of eating like there's no tomorrow for the next few months, I'm going to take advantage of those extra calories I'm burning up by feeding my wee one and shed some pounds instead. Go. Me.

So there you have it. Hopefully I will have some regular posting going on here in the next little while. Anyone else what to play along with me?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So day Uno. A self portrait.


Pretty straightforward. Very serious. :)

I find over the past few months, I've been having to get used to my "older" face. Not that I think I look ancient or anything. Certainly don't look old enough to have five children! :) But I have noticed recently that I no longer look like I did when I was twenty. :) Shocking, I know. But it definitely is an adjustment.

Anyone else have to go through a phase of getting used to your thirty-year-old face? Just me?

.
.
.
***crickets?***
.
.
.
So, these pictures were from the day Nels was coming home from his week long trip to Miami. I think it was the only day that I even put jeans on while he was gone. Nice. So I decided to take advantage of it and do my "What you wore today" photo at the same time.

Which, as it turns out, is difficult to take by oneself. Therefore, after a little trial and error, I decided to recruit Hazel to take the picture. Brilliant!


However, after her first shot, Elsie fell off the couch and onto Clara (who was on the floor). Ending our little photo shoot. So, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. Okay?


Not too fancy. I just don't seem to do fancy very well. (Partly because all of my "fancy" clothes still don't fit so awesome.) My pants are from ModBe (the only ones I have that fit me at the moment), top from Kohls, necklace from who-knows-where, earrings from Las Vegas, and shoes that I've had since my single days in college.

Only thing really outstanding I wore that day was my hair-do. :) Which was really fun.



Lots of little twists and bobby pins. Thank you, Pinterest.

So there I am. I'm looking forward to having a reason to update something on my blog daily this month. The next few weeks should be interesting as I'm not even positive that I'll be home . . . but I'll try.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

well, friend, you're lookin' pretty fancy to me! I am so sick of black sweatpants (all thought I am very, very thankful for them and they are SO comfy)! I finally got a pair of jeans that fit me in the moment. Of which moment I hope does NOT last long =)

I think I'll do the photo challenge too!!! Yay us!

katie said...

You don't have an old look. But yes, I am having a hard time looking older. I'm just too vain I guess. I don't want to look old!

Deanna said...

LOVE it!!!

I'm doing something similar...with different themes for each day...hence the post on french fries (dinner). LOL! And the book (words).

Kendall said...

you look good Rachel! I love your hair, that's pretty cool. I have no patients to do my hair like that. Look on the bright side, we'll only have like 35 more years till we get senior discount :)

Anonymous said...

I remember those shoes! I love things like that that last forever. Do you remember my brown doc Martin boots? I still have them, wear them, and get compliments on boots I bought in 2001! By the way, you are one smokin hot lady. I was looking at my nearly 30 year old face today--very strange. I'm not sure what I think of it.

Melyni + Alma said...

Smoken', lady! I know what you mean about not being about to fit in your 'fancy clothes'. A lot of my clothes still not fit quite right and if worn, it wouldn't be at all flattering. Hopefully having to not worry about your house, our whether or not people are doing their jobs(!), will relieve some (a lot) stress. Oh and your hair looks awesome! I can't imagine how long that took...I might try something like that...maybe....

Melyni + Alma said...

I just read through my last comment, hopefully you can decipher my retardness.... ;)

Amber said...

You my cousin are gorgeous! I look forward to your posts =).

Amber said...

Oh, btw, I love your flowers that you made. Very cool. =)