Monday, February 20, 2012

A Resting Place

Finally.

We've done it.

We've made a decision and it's a momentous day.

As I look back on the last six months, I can see the hand of the Lord in our lives. It's subtle. I don't know that I'll ever fully understand it, but I know that it's there.

After my jaunt to Idaho Falls, things have been moving forward quite seamlessly with the sale of our home and we expect to be able to close up on the house within the next month. Hallelujah! I think I'm finally ready move into a new chapter of our lives.

You know, "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window." At least Maria says so and it seems "that eventually, everything comes back to The Sound of Music." (check it. Ree Drummond and I are kindred spirits.)

We've had a bit of a convoluted time getting to this point, but after months of searching, we've finally found a resting place. :) Somewhere to land. We've found somewhere that can be home. A sweet house at the base of the mountain. It's in the same ward and in the same school boundaries and for that, I am really, really thankful. Thankful to not have to uproot our children yet again. We're only renting, but with five kids, every decision feels like it deserves trumpets. :)

So. Come the beginning of next month, we should be moving. Ready to feel like grown ups again. Ready to rest our weary heads and make a new home.

15 comments:

Perry's said...

I understand how you feel. I cant wait. To have a place to call home again. The house looks beaautiful.

Deanna said...

I am so excited for you!!!! It's a BEAUTIFUL home!!! (I'm assuming you're buying the one pictured!!!)

Hannah said...

AWESOME!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this house! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you guys!! I can't wait to see pictures of the house!! Are you buying or renting?

Alisha said...

It looks wonderful! So excited for you! Having a place to call home is such a great blessing!

Rachel Chick said...

@Deanna @Megan - We're just going to be renting. Completely aside from the difficulties of doing a short sale on our house, Sandpoint is just not really a place that we're going to be buying a house unless we are 99% sure that this is where we're going to put our roots down for a good long time. Being a resort community, it's kind of a funky market - made more complicated by the struggling economy.

ClancyPants said...

Yay!! I'm happy to hear your going to be settled. !!!!!

Amber said...

Rachel, it is gorgeous!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Travis and Heather said...

Oh Rachel. It is a lovely lovely home. I would be happy to sleep on your front lawn --let alone being able to rent such a wondrous place. I am so so glad he found your family a perfectly beautiful and splendid home to live it. You are a tremendous person and i have no doubt he is taking extra special care of you.

Jandy Lou said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! It will be great to rest and great to be settled. I loved seeing you last week! I wish I could have spent many hours more catching up and just being in your company! We missed your older girls, and Nels, but feel so happy to have seen you, Elsie, Violet and Clara. Tevan loved seeing Elsie and has not stopped taking about her.

Wendie said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you to have a new "resting place". This is such a CuTe home. Best wishes!

katie said...

Thank goodness! :) that house is beautiful! I'm jealous! Hurray for you!!!!

Megan said...

It looks fabulous! I love it. I will move in if you don't ;). Hope it all goes well and wish I was closer to help you move. Miss you! Call us the next time you are around, I'm not sure when we will be in Sandpoint next :0

Kris said...

oooo congrats on the nice rental! Guess what? We are getting kicked out of our rental in June, well our lease is up and they have most likely or will be selling it, sad day! BUT I'm glad you guys found something nice for you and your growing family! Yes, we will have to come up to Sandpoint I love that place!

Alyssa said...

congratulations rachel! this house has a sweet feeling, and i'm sure you'll make it into a beautiful home.