I love that I've been at this stage in pregnancy twice before on this blob. :) I think it's really humorous to read what a crazy woman I was with both of them. Weirdo. Freakazoid. That's me. Then. Not now. I'm never like that anymore all the time.
In all seriousness, I do feel a little bit better, just because my list of "to-do's" is ten miles long.
Yesterday I was just uncomfortable. This little bebe has been sitting up muy, muy higher than previous kiddos. I felt like I hadn't taken a deep breath in a long time and I couldn't eat a decent meal without feeling like it was coming out my nose. I was also really tired - which I attribute to having a yucky chest and head cold.
As the evening was coming on, I sat on the couch next to Nels - only to immediately become a bouncy ball/jungle gym for a one year old. My little Tornado brought with her a boop (yes. boop. what do you call it?) called "Hooray for Fish!" Very cute. If you've never read it. We sat reading it over and over again for about half an hour before she got bored. As I stood up, I breathed for the first time in months! and the muscles at the top of my abdomen weren't cramped and straining! This little lady had "dropped". Something that hasn't happened with my last three kids until I was ready to start into labor.
Cool. I think.
From then until about 4 in the morning, I had nice, pretty regular contractions. I got a few things ready (just in case) and then tried to sleep - unproductively. This morning I finally got up and then had a few more contractions that kind of just petered out throughout the morning.
The same thing that happened with Violet. For several days.
{Sigh.}
I had an appointment with my midwife this morning. She said that her body did that with all of her last three babies (5, 6, and 7) and each time, it did it for longer. Just your body getting ready. Thinning and whatnot.
Violet lasted about 3 nights of doing this fun little number. (Before my midwife broke my water.) How long is this baby going to be? Five? Seven? Fourteen?? Just enough that we can't go up to Sandpoint before the baby is born and look at houses like we'd planned? yeah. Probably. ('Cause guess what? The midwife I have now? She's not going to break my water. No matter how much of an exhausted idiot I turn into.)
I'm still almost three weeks from my due date. I have no problem with her waiting until later. But I'm afraid that she's just going to tease me for the week or so --- making it so that we can't make any other plans.
I've had lots of feelings lately. Feelings like - the house is going to sell - or - this baby isn't going to wait until my mom gets back from Haiti before arriving. Feeling that all is right and going to be okay. But then again. I second guess myself. Because you know what? In between those brief moments of I don't know what - peace? delusion? I don't know that I feel anything. I think I've just felt too much over the past month. Too many feelings taking a toll on me and my emotions are just shutting down.
I feel nothing.
'Cause I've already felt everything.
And now I'm just tired.
I don't know what the coming month is going to bring. Everything will work out. Work out like I "feel"? Maybe not. But I hope. And that's pretty good.
So do you want to play a guessing game with me? When do you think this baby will come? I'm due on the 5th of September. 19 days away and this baby has definitely dropped already.
Hazel was 10 days early. Lilie was 14. Elsie was 7 and Violet was only 2 days early. I'm usually early, but that's about all that can be said for consistency. Go on. Take a guess. I'll send the winner a prize! And I like good prizes.
So humor me.
What's your guess? Three days? Three weeks? Let's hear it.
15 comments:
I'm guessing you'll be 2 days late. haha. hate me now. ;)
I'm guessing you have about 5-7 days left. Am I allowed to spread my guess over 3 days???
I'm going to say August 28. Don't know why, maybe cause it's my brother's birthday, but I was early too and sounds like she's pretty anxious to see you :)
I was due Sept. 5th with Bethany and she came Aug. 20th, so just for kicks I'll go with her b-day. It will all work out and we are excited for the arrival of the new little one and congrats on the new job and your upcoming move. So much excitement in the Chicks home, but I do hope your mama makes it home-that would be worth the wait.
I guess that you'll have her on SEPTEMBER 1st. Yup. That'll be the day. :)
How 'bout September 2nd? I really hate guessing on these kinds of things. How about you give me a jar full of candy. I'd much rather guess that. :)
i'm going to be mean and say two days before your due date because i had non-stop, steady contractions for a month & then two days before i was due, WHAM. so because i had to endure it, i believe others must also. :)
not really. you're going through so much and i just want this to go smoothly and turn out just as you'd like it.
whatever the day is, i do know that everything will work out for you guys. and that God has a plan, and knows better than we know what is best for us. it's just the trusting that can sometimes be hard! you're such good people, and i am so grateful that you've made the decision to have another sweet little girl come to your home. because she is amazingly lucky!!
She's going to be smack on her due date, just like my Aviana.
Thanks, Rachel. I'm excited and know it will work out no matter what happens! I do hope to stay at home as long as possible, and I really hope my water breaks on its own!
I love that your babies always come early - I would love that! (I'm starting to get incredibly uncomfortable). Although Todd will be gone for a month and doesn't get back until 2 weeks before the due date, so hopefully not too early!
As far as when your little one will come, hopefully after your mom gets back and not until you can go find a house!!
To Rachel: Those pics of Sandpoint are BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on Nel's new job, and good luck selling your house. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Good luck with the new baby. I'm sure she will be here any day now, and you'll have a little time to get used to her before you have to move again. Those pictures make me want to take a picture to Sandpoint. So when we do, we'll be looking you two up! ;)
--August 23rd. That's Layla's birthday.
August 25th because all babies should know that they need to come out soon so we don't get drastic. And because I love you and don't want to you to endure being pregnant more than that. And I will personally call your midwife and threaten her to break your water or else. . .
Come out beautiful baby!
I'm going to say August 24 because that is our first day of school and if was me having a baby, she would probably pick that to let her family know whose really in charge!
I am going to say September 1.
Well it seems that you get less early with each one, I am going to say she will be on the due date :-) I hope I am wrong...
Hmm, I'm horrible at guessing games like this. I'll guess August 31st. Good luck!:)
Post a Comment