Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hibernation

I know so many people who get ultra motivated at the beginning of the year - resolutions, diets, new exercise programs . . . me? Nah. I feel like hibernating.

Wait, Rachel! Didn't you post - in your very last post - about resolutions? YOUR New Year's Resolution??? Sure - but you know, that's more of state of mind kind of thing . . . and that can happen any time, right? Like incorporating "strength" and "consistency" into the month of January, might just mean that I actually still make dinner - or - that the laundry room doesn't turn into a dump heap. It's vague enough to mean what I need it to mean for today. :) :)

For now, I don't want to do anything. Yesterday, I didn't.

Every time I've had to run errands (or even take out the garbage), I procrastinate it. Of course, that could have something to do with the average temperature hovering right around 6* for the past two weeks . . .  :) Maybe. It could have to do with forgetting Violet's coat while we were in Utah for Christmas. It could be that Violet fights me every time I have to put her back in her seat. It's hard to wrestle a triple layered baby into a rear-facing car seat! Maybe in a few weeks, I'll just flip her around . . . would you report me to the police if you saw my nearly 11 month-old facing forward? I've flipped every one of my kids around at about 11 months. So sue me.

Speaking of V-V, she's almost walking. She's been able to for probably a while, but she's a little nervous about it. She's just started taking some very tentative steps. One or two at a time, before she sits down and crawls instead. She cruises like a champ! She's SO cute. She's also starting into the mess-maker stage. She pulls out everything in my bottom cupboards lately. - Makes cooking and doing the dishes an obstacle course. She is going to be a busy baby, I can tell. Elsie was so easy going in this regard, but I've had ones like this before . . . Oh please, little Vi. Don't be as busy as your oldest sisters were! Please! :)

 . . .

. . . So yeah. Hibernating. I'm sorry if you don't see me for a few months . . . I really just want to eat a whole bunch of cookies, snuggle up next to the heat vent, and fall asleep on the floor.  -------  See you in the Spring!  :)

9 comments:

Deanna said...

I don't blame you. I was all gung-ho for like two days. Now I just want to curl up on the couch. :)

I really need my floor washed, laundry folded, meals made, and my legs shaved. I think i'm on strike. LOL!

I emailed you a few days ago...Just in case you're not checking it. :) Go eat some cookies. And SAVOR them. :) Now I want some. LOL!

Deanna said...

P.S. I'm printing your Keep Calm saying to put next to my front door. I am SO excited!!! THANK YOU!!

lynsey said...

let's take a nap together, states apart.... ;)

Rachel Holloway said...

I know this feeling! Brandon is leaving for the next several days and I went out to stockpile everything so I would have no reason to have to go to a store--just going to stay home and curl up and not start the car until Sunday when I have to take everyone to church alone. :(

Amber said...

You are wonderful. I am glad I could spend some time with you and the heat vent today. You are awesome!!!

Perry's said...

I agree with you. I have been hibernating in my house all week. It feels good. But at the same time I feel so lazy and guilty. Then I have to ask why I feel guilty. Blair is out of town and he said not to use a lot of gas in the car. So he is giving me a excuse to hibernate. I love ya Rach.

Alisha said...

So about the hibration...I have no drive for anything...less of all household chores!

Lindsey and Brett said...

I'm with you. But, I also hate winter for the most part. Granted, Arizona winters are A LOT more bearable than Idaho ones, so I don't know what my problem is. But hibernation sounds good to me.

The Ricks Family said...

Great, it will give you plenty of time to get my priject done...right :-) I love you. Hibernate away.