Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

In past years, I'd pretty much decided that I didn't like Halloween. What a silly holiday. It's fun to get dressed up, but it's just a lot of sugar, a lot of work, and not really celebrating anything.

However,

this year I had a change of heart. :)

Friday night we went to Hazel's school carnival. The girls loved getting dressed up and loved playing the many games. It was crowded and loud, but they all had fun and for all the work that costumes seem to be for ME, I'm glad that they get to wear them more than once! :)

Somehow we didn't get a good picture of all the girls at the same time, the entire weekend. :)
Such cute girls!
Hazel, although she looks like a bat (that we've seen before :) from this angle, 
is actually a DRAGON. Her tail and her spikes are hiding behind her. :)
Lilie is a WIZARD. Not a lizard or a witch. She was very specific 
about being turquoise blue with yellow stars. :)
Elsie. What would Elsie want to be?? Oh yeah. What else? THE Princess.
And Violet. Although she looks like a CLOWN, 
she was actually the Court Jester of our Medieval group. LOL!

I really loved watching our girls go from door to door. Hazel led the way, running the whole time and kicking up her tail behind her. Lilie trailed behind, holding on her hat and obviously entertaining her own wizardly thoughts. Elsie brought up the rear, fluttering around daintily and watching all the other "creatures" we encountered. She was enchanted with every other princess we saw and chatted with all the door openers. :) She remembered to say "Fant Tyou" and "Happy Halloween!!" at every door. :)

They were SO cute!! It also helped that it wasn't freezing cold this year! :) Nels and I had such a wonderful night with our little ladies!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

You did an awesome job! Love the costumes! It does make it seem a little more worth it when they get to wear them more then once.

Melyni + Alma said...

Great job on the costumes! They look amazing!! Homemade costumes are the best! I bet your girls love them! I hope next year I have the ambition to make some.

Amber said...

I love their costumes!!! Did you make Elsie and Violet's too? Wow you are a winner!!!! Way to go super mom!!!

The Moore Family: said...

Your girls look great in their costumes! How adventurous for you all! That's a lot of costumes to put together.