Is there such thing as a quick, easy project? I've determined that at my house -- in my brain -- there is not.
But.
That's okay. Especially when said project is for a Birthday Princess. My sweet little "Daisy" (Elsie's alter-ego Princess) turns three today.
Really? Only three? With my older girls, each year they get older seems to just sneak up on me. How could they be that old??! But with Elsie, I think she was born five years older than me.
Sometimes I think the "difficulties" that we have in our relationships with our children stem from the fact that we have eternal relationships with them. I believe that we all knew one another in our pre-mortal life and maybe, just maybe, the relationships that we have to fit into HERE, were not the relationships that we had THERE. And sometimes the relationships of parent and child are hard to adjust to.
I think probably Elsie was older than me before we came to Earth. :)
Maybe she should be the mom.
Sometimes I think she knows this too. When she tells me things like:
"Mom, when I was the Mom and you were the kid . . . "
For a while she was saying such things often.
Then again, she has also said things like:
"When I was the Mama School Bus, and you were the Baby School Bus . . . "
So you know . . . maybe not.
Happy Birthday, Daisy! I love you so much!



7 comments:
I totally get what you're saying... :)
Happy birthday to the little OLDER one. :)
Awhh! What a sweet little girl!! Happy Birthday Elsie!!
LOL! She's such a sweetheart!!!
I was trying to figure out the exact same thing when posting about Zina - I love it when you figure out how to say things that i can't but it totally makes sense to me. Happy Birthday Elsie!
Or daisy... or whomever is having the birthday... :)
Cute girl! I just realized that Grace and Elsie are EXACTLY 6 months apart, to the day. This weekend I'm loving my little girl just as much as you are loving little Elsie...or Daisy. LOL!
I totally know what you mean, chickadee! We have cute girlies! Love ya!
Post a Comment