Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday the Fabulous!

How on earth (do you capitalize Earth when you use it that way?) does it get to be 3:00 in the morning without noticing it? Seriously. More than two hours more than I was expecting. How do you not notice when you've gone to bed at 5:30 one night, 2:30 the next, and then it's three and you're thinking that it's midnight???? This is such a strange phenomenon. I HAVE A PROBLEM!

Also, while we're on the subject of asking questions, oh wait! I forgot . . . . what was it??? . . . . Oh yeah, I remember - why do I feel the need to go take a shower right now, instead of going to bed? Why don't I like to shower in the morning? Why don't I like to do my hair? Why have I started feeling like grooming is a waste of time???? 

Why on earth am I thinking that right now, at three in the morning, is a good time to write this blog?? I don't know the answer to these questions --- and why do I have no desire to change things that are clearly psychotic? Eh, oh well!

1. I am recovering my ugly silver/blue/penned upon chair! I'm excited. --- And obsessed. It is the reason why I've been staying up so late the last three nights. Do you know how hard it is to be pulling our 56,392,711 staples with three little children running to and fro?? Or get any kind of sewing done in general? If I could have limitless energy and flawless skin, I would totally stay awake forever and ever. (Another wonderful thing about this project? I can do it without my husband. -- Don't get me wrong, I love him like I love my own heart, but projects that require male assistance often have to be put on hold. I LIKE being able to do things on my own time! :)

2. I have a new niece and a new . . . . second cousin? Is that right? My cousin's baby? They are both beautiful little girls and I'm so excited to get to see my new niece this coming weekend!!! Congratulations Ben and Kelly, Congratulations Amber and Wes!!!

3. My wonderful husband is working hard again tonight, finishing some freelance work for our little family! I love him so much and appreciate the sacrifices that he makes for us daily! I'm also looking forward to them being completed by this weekend! :)

4. I have only ONE WEEK left before I get to take a road trip with two of my sweetest and bestest friends in the entire world --- to get to go see one of my other dearest friends get married! I'm so incredibly excited!!! We'll be driving all the way to Denver!

5. Hazel is such a good reader! Today she was reading the "Foot Book" to me! She still needs lots of help, but she is doing incredible! Lilie has promised me to never lock Elsie in the laundry room again, even if she is following her around. She has also promised to never color red crayon all over the bathroom sink again and after a long and arduous bout of saying, "It's too much!" she finally put away her basket full of clothes all by herself! :) It was a happy moment! And Elsie? She peed on the potty tonight!! Isn't that funny?! She was in the bathroom with me and kept patting the toilet saying, "potty, potty, potty." I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty and proceeded to hold her on it and instruct her on what to do. After sitting for about a minute or so, she did!! :) Don't get me wrong, I'm not even going to entertain the thought of potty training my 16 month old, I just thought it was funny. :)

8 comments:

Deanna said...

I love it! You are so awesome. I want to be like you when I grow up! I hear ya...it's hard to get projects like that done with children running to and fro...

I'm headed to your salon to get my hair cut this morning...so excited!

ClancyPants said...

Sounds just like me... the late night thing. But we already knew that.

Congrats on your new niece and your new cousin. (it's actually your 1st cousin, once removed. Your children would be second-cousins to your cousin's children)

Can't wait to see the refinished chair! How fun!

Sara Newton said...

I'm impressed that you got this done so early! (or late...) I hear ya about not getting things done when kids are awake, I only have one and I still get nothing done when she's awake! And...yay for road trips!!

Amber said...

I love it! Number 5 is my favorite! I am glad that Lilie promised to not lock cute little Elsie in the laundry room. What a funny girl.

Deanna said...

Yes, I had Marci, and she was AMAZING!!! We'd love to come play...call me, either on my cell or at work. 529-1390 is work. Just ask for Deanna.

Lindsey and Brett said...

First off, we appreciate your comments on our blog, you're not just "the wife of a friend" to me. It will definitely be nice to one day all get together though. Maybe when Nels becomes rich and famous he can fly us to one of his movie premieres :)

I love that you are going through a weird sleep schedule thing. You must be a night owl, like me. I feel like sometimes night time is the best time to get things done.

Hannah said...

Funny...I have to FORCE myself to go to bed everynight too and then of course I ahve to FORCE and DRAG myself out of bed in the morning! Soemtimes I think it's a curse to have so many "interests and hobbies!" Oh, and don't worry, you're not psychotic about the whole "grooming is a waste of time thing" because I'm seriously feeling the guilt that I am NOT the woman Chris though he was marrying!!! You know you have a problem when you wear sweatpants or workout pants 90% of the time, a ponytail and no makeup and only get "dolled" up when you're leaving the house!! Poor guys...oh well, they don't have to do anything fancy!

Lisa said...

So funny. Elsie getting locked in the laundry room, red crayon on sink. Sounds like the red colored pencil on my white piano keys. . . Rachel, Thank you for an awesome posting. I feel as if I am not alone in the world of mommy-hood. And you go, girl! On re-covering that chair (was it chair?) I wish I could come and see and help. That is awesome. I think I've got a staple remover somewhere. . .