. . . . (((more sighs))) . . . .
Okay, so THAT'S what I do most years. :) :) THIS year, however, my restless yearning has taken a different route. Crazed activity. Taking on project after project - another before the previous is even finished. I'm not sure exactly what has caused this --- maybe having more children and realizing that I can no longer afford whiling away the hours in dreamland --- or maybe all the dreams of playing in the yard and wanting to complete the INSIDE before I take on the OUTSIDE. Who knows, but I've been a mad woman - with my brain going a million different directions. Friday I finished my chair that I've been recovering. I've realized that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE refinishing furniture. Taking something old and ugly and making it something new and beautiful and hip. I am ADDICTED.

This is before. Had I been less impatient to rip it to pieces, I'd have gotten a better picture, but the fabric is nasty, velvety, bluish-silver/blue and black pen colored. Icky. BUT we acquired this chair while we were still college students, it was $15, AND is the most comfortable chair we own.



I finally decided on this wide, soft, blue corduroy and I LOVE it! I figured the blue, because it matches the blue in the rug downstairs (which is where it's going) and because this turquoise-ish blue is the most continuous color I have running through my entire house. Hence, I could put it anywhere and have it match. I added extra padding on the arms and cushions and removed the yucky dust ruffle around the bottom. The corduroy was a little tricky - especially with the piping - because it stretches just slightly, but I'm pretty pleased with how my $15 chair turned out. :)

This is another thing that I've been playing with lately. (Don't you just love how my fish tank occasionally feels the need to appear on my blog? :) I recently purchased this new stand at the D.I. for $30. It's much taller than my old stand (which helps tremendously with the fingerprints) and having it at the other end of the room (away from constant activity) helps my fish to be much more active. It makes me happy. Everyone should love fish as much as I do! :) LOL!
And since I never posted these, even though I made them months and months ago, I'm going to post pictures of my living room pillows. :)

. . . . I was going to say that this first one is my favorite, then I realized that I love them all! They are all different and a little odd . . . just like me :) . . . but I think they work.
(The lamp in this picture is next on my "project list". I need it to somewhat-match the lamp you can kind of see in the next picture.)


And the black chair in this picture has been on my "list" for the past two years. :) I can't wait to get my hands on it!

And this sad little chair is one I picked up from the D.I. last week for TEN BUCKS! (It looks like it, doesn't it? :) But I have some grand plans for it as well. :)
10 comments:
All I have to say is that I'm WAY jealous of all the throw pillows you have! LOL, but seriously, they look great! And that chair really turned out well. You would never know!
you are SO AWESOME!!! I love it! I love it aLL!
You didan AMAZING job! I am so impressed....
You are a redo-machine!
I love the blue chair, that is the cutest chair!!
OK so I was more than impressed by your "new" chair! That is amazing! I have no idea how to recover furniture so maybe that is why I am so impressed, but even so it couldn't have been easy. NICE JOB! I love the color too.
Do you have some sort of website you can get a tutorial off of to re-cover furniture, I have a feeling I might want to do that to some of mine. Just curious.
Oh and you must post the other chairs/projects you do, I love to see the befores and afters on your projects. Good luck with the rest of them!
Beautiful. Creative. Amazing. Well done. Wow.
Wow. Your chair and bathroom look great!
okay you have overloaded me with being able to comment on everything because i am so far behind. LOVE the chair, LOVE the bathroom, LOVE it all!
seriously, you are such an amazing lady, why oh why can't you live by me?
I love the chair. I like the fabric and the dark legs on it. Very stylish! Regarding your lamps buy a can of spray paint and spray away. It works like magic. Once you start spraying you'll never want to stop. You will be searching for random items to perform your magic on. So beware of the spray painting addiction =).
I love your chair, and the color. Great job! I have never re-covered furniture, you have to let us know how you did it.
Post a Comment