

My friend Clancy and I - along with a few other awesome gals, Maria and Carmen - went to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn! It was awesome! :) LOL! I cannot emphasize what a surreal experience it is to be standing in the midst of thousands of screaming teenage girls (and a few insane mommas)! :) And to top it off, Clancy and I made these amazing (and sparkly!) Team Edward shirts! :)
*******************
You know, a couple of weeks ago, I can't remember what I was doing (probably sorting through pictures or something), but I started remembering what a fun girl I used to be. As any family members (or college roommates) can attest, I was kind of a nutsy teenager. --- (Okay, let's be realistic, crazy CHILD and TEENAGER.) --- At some point over the past 6 years, I've really grown up. I guess we all have to grow into our roles, don't we? But I used to be pretty silly. And then I started thinking . . . WOW, you know what, I don't know if I even have hardly any friends that really know that side of me. I think I just make friends with really mature people. -- (You know who you are and don't deny it! :) --- Then all of a sudden, it hit me. CLANCY is a fun girl - and nuts. I told Nels, you know, I haven't done it yet, but I think Clancy can bring out the crazy in me. This weekend it was proven. CLANCY is a NUT!
*********************
Anyhow, we had a fabulous time! It was fun to act like a silly little girl again! Thanks, Clancy, for helping me to bust out of momma mode for a night! :)
SO - how did you like the book?! I thought it was great! There were a few things that I thought were interesting, but for the most part, I REALLY enjoyed the book. I'd love all your comments - just make sure that if you leave any spoilers to tag them with a big-ol' SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't gotten through it yet. :)
8 comments:
I'm about half way...so far so good! I'll check back when I'm finished...probably tomorrow morning!!!
Breaking Dawn was great! I didn't like it as well as New Moon and Eclipse, but it was fun reading. I am just glad that I'm through with it and I now have my life back =).
You are awesome Rachel!! I think I need some of that 11-12 year old spunk and spice in my life!!! When are you going to come visit???
Rachel, I haven't gotten the book yet. Although I was SERIOUSLY considering going to the midnight release, myself. Things just didn't turn out that way. I LOVE THE "TEAM EDWARD" SHIRTS! Okay, when Midnight Sun comes out, I AM SOOO THERE! hahaha!
I can see you being nutty. How fun. yes. how fun. I need a little more nutti-ness in my life as well. oh, kids don't count. ;)
anyone who didn't know you are nuts IS nuts! glad you had fun with your sparkly pink shirts in tact! everyone needs a throw back to teenage years & just to step out of their current adult roles to go have a good time. in fact, i think i am about to head out with my mother in-law to the strip club. want to join me?
ha ha ha Rachel, like people aren't going to know that you're totally nuts! Although I was surprised that you would now want to be 12 or 13 again, I'm not surprised anymore! I loved the book, seriously...it was different than I expected, but a good different. I'm just a sap though...a romantic at heart. Or do I wear that one on m sleeve? I am glad that you went. I wanted to go, but sadly had no girlfriends to go with and Michael is too worried about his manly image to do something like that with me!
This is really weird... I read this post when you posted it, but apparently forgot to comment.... AND somehow I missed that whole middle section talking about me bringing out the "nut" in you!!! How funny!
No problemo for any aid I had in busting out of the momma mode. It was my pleasure. I should be thanking YOU!!! It was YOU that called me.... let's not forget that!! You must have known on some deep level that I used to be a crazy fun girl too!
Anyway... I came to leave a comment replying to YOUR recent comments on those old posts... I REALLY appreciate them. I so value you and our friendship that's developing. You have such a solid, strong base and you have so much strength of heart. You are teaching me so much and I am so glad that we get the opportunity to connect in a new and deeper level. Thank you for "standing up" and fighting a little bit for the things that I couldn't articulate. I admire you immeasurably!
Ditto to your comments to me... I feel the very same. The feeling is mutual. It's almost like the things I think resonate with you... almost like an echo. It's really cool. So, thanks. YUR THE BETHSTEST!
:)
**Breaking Dawn SPOILERS**
Okay, so I finished the book last night. Um, not her best work. Personally, I think Bella should have died after "Book Two" and then "Book Three" should have been Edward's story after her death, and how he stayed with Renesmee until she was old enough to go with Jacob, and then he "committed suicide" and walked into the Volturi. Or rather, DIED in the "non-battle" in the end for the rest of the Cullens. hmm. that would have been interesting. anyway. . . so it is what it is.
ALSO, Rachel, if you update your "blog links" where my link is, it should have the feed available now that my site is open. Just in case you were interested. Let me know if it still doesn't work.
Post a Comment