Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Walkie-Talkie



Elsie has been walking now for probably close to a month, but only in the past week or so has she started doing it a lot. She is now more likely to get up and walk somewhere than to crawl. She is SO cute. She is a really tipsy little walker! On Sunday several people came up to me after Sacrament Meeting (where she'd been walking up and down the aisle) and asked me what I'd given her to drink! :) LOL!

She is such a sweet, smart little thing! She's such a little talker! She now says HI!, Baba, Dada, Teetee (or kitty), and a couple of times she even said "Hazoo" when she saw Hazel. :) She also says Mama, but it has two different meanings -- either Mommy or that she's hungry. :) She loves to just jabber all the time! She also gives very good hugs and kisses. As soon as Nels gets home from work, she squeals, crawls as fast as she possibly can over to him, waits for him to pick her up, and gives him hugs.

She's a very personable little girl. Often when I'm holding her and doing something that she finds particularly interesting, like stirring a pot full of noodles, she'll lean around and put her face right in front of mine, look me in the eye and smile, then look back at what I'm doing ---- as if to say, "do you see what I see? this is so fun!"

I love my little Lady! She brings so much joy into our home!!

7 comments:

ClancyPants said...

She is rather amazing with her brightness. She just makes people smile. I was observing that very phenomenon at my party the other night. People just light up when she looks at them! What a joy and what a lucky mom you are! :)

Amber said...

I like your little walkie-talkie!! She is cute!!! What is wrong with Kaitlyn then??? She still only says a couple words. hmmm....

Perry's said...

I can't believe how fast your kids learn to do things. Hannah just started walking. She now has it down to where she walks and doesn't crawl at all. She gets faster and faster all the time. I know what you mean about the cooking. Hannah loves to watch me cook

Wendie said...

What a sweetie! Elsie is learning and growing a lot . . . mentally growing that is. =) I'm always amazed at how tiny she is for such an active little person.

Life for the Pillings said...

She is such a cutie!! So fun!

Lisa said...

All your girls are beautiful. We've got to get together again sometime. Katelyn always loves playing with Hazel.

renee' said...

Great title! Walkie-Talkie, that's hillarious and perfect! I also loved reading your blog about you and Nels. I still remember getting your announcement in the mail and thinking, "that is the cutest haircut". Wow, so much has happened since then! Your girls are adorable!