It's been a long summer.
Wonderful. Going, going, going summer. Wonderful. Busy. Short and Long at the same time.
Last night I figured out of the past 9 weeks, we have been gone 5 of those weekends -- and most all of those weekends have been long weekends, not just 2 or 3 dayers (Dayers???). (((sigh))) Every other weekend. The weeks in between, I've figured that we've had something planned both Friday AND Saturday -- all but one -- and that was like a month and a half ago.
Nels got a new job. He is now the manager for the Media Department at a company based here in Idaho Falls called Melaleuca. He is also their main video guy and the "assistant/clerk" for the department as well. :) Needless to say, he's been a little busy and needs to have a "chat" with his boss.
Last weekend we had our second annual Moon Family Reunion out at the Merkley Farm in Duchesne. Nels was planning on making it. Melaleuca has their big annual convention in Salt Lake this weekend. Nels worked until 10:30 Wednesday and Thursday - till 3:00 am Friday - all day Saturday and all day Sunday. ----- He didn't make it down. ;) We got home Monday night. Nels was able to get most of Tuesday and all day Wednesday off (after 40 hours of unpaid overtime from the week before, you think he deserved 2 days off???). :) He is gone now. Gone until Sunday - working his brains out again at the convention. --- His boss says that it's not always like this. :) --- I only half believe him. :) Convention time is crazy for everyone.
Our SIXTH anniversary is Sunday. Nels will be gone most of the day. (((sigh))) --- They tried to talk him into working that day. :)
After finding about 3 Hobo Spiders in our basement, I got a wild hair and started remodeling our yard. --- Specifically pulling out the "spider bushes" (as the girls CALLED them) along the back of the house. I'll have to write more about this later --- in a different post. --- It's currently a mess --- and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now with ever being able to finish it. --- I don't know how to do this. I can't finish it by myself. I've never done anything like this before. AGAIN - I CAN'T finish this by myself!!! Nels is GONE. (((sigh))) I think I could really use some help. -- It seems like everyone is busy. (((sigh))) (It's been a long day.) BUT - it already looks SO MUCH BETTER!!! - Even torn up - as long as I can suppress the feelings of being in over my head - I still feel HAPPY when I look at my poor half dead, half lawn that has been run over repeatedly with a bobcat. My poor bush sitting on my half dead lawn, wrapped up in a wet sheet, waiting to be replanted. My sweet little curvy new walkway to the front of my house, that has to be watered for the next few days to keep it from cracking. My totally demolished back lawn that is mostly new fill dirt and about 100 blades of struggling grass that is now at least twice as big as it was a few weeks ago ---- it's amazing what ripping out a few (a LOT) of REALLY ugly bushes and several (six, to be exact) HUGE dump trailer loads of red lava rock can do! :) --- Even looking at all this, it makes me happy. (Mostly)
I've been cleaning all day. Washed the windows, mopped the kitchen floor. --- (Wait a second! Is that ALL I got done today???? After "cleaning all day"????) (((sigh))) I cleaned the kitchen - and the living room - three times. Dishes are done. Children in bed. A REAL dinner made and cleaned up. Sheets washing.
(Sorry, Amber! I really AM going to call you back -- tomorrow. I'm not dead. I just feel like it.)
I promise to write more about what we've been doing later. I'm not feeling creative. I'll write it down before I forget. Just not tonight.
6 comments:
I hear about the summer being busy! It has been crazy the last couple of weeks! About everything else, it will get better, I hope : ) I keep telling myself I just have to survive until October! By then all the weddings will be over! NE ways...you can do anything! You completely amaze me!
Yes, Rachel, you amaze me too! Hobo Spiders??!! and you're ripping out the bushes yourself??!! I would've keeled over after one hobo spider! LOL That's great that you feel better about your yard. We need to set up a play date, I want to come over and see your new sidewalk! And we need to set up a photo session! Wow, what a busy summer this HAS been!
You're da bomb! My dad said repeatedly how "strong" you are. You are like wonderwoman!
And... you forgot to add in there that you've been running like two miles!!! You're a rockstar! :)
Maybe I can come and help you with your yard a bit. I'm no expert, but I've had some experience....
oh poor rachel! tell nels that he needs to be at home with his wonderful wife!!! :D
Okay...so your not dead but close right ;). Ha! Ha! You have been running around like a crazy woman!!! Slow down and give me a call.
You need a night out with just you and Nels. I wish I lived closer. We could do a date with our girls. I hope life slows down for you. It is amazing how fast days go by and at the end you run through everything you did. It doesn't sound like much but it sure feels like it. I love ya Rach
Post a Comment