Nels and I love Star Wars (the Original Trilogy). What child that was born either in the '70's or '80's doesn't, right? Well every time Nels would sit down and watch it, Hazel WOULD NOT watch it with him. She thought it was scary and so she would cry and run away. Well, recently Nels decided to get her to sit down and watch the first one with her - to show her that it's not scary. She was resistant at first, but after a bit, she realized that she liked it and . . . now she is asking me everyday if I will turn on Star Wars for her! :) She, Lilie, and Daddy have subsequently watched all 3 of the original Star Wers (that's what she calls it!) and Nels also has a game on our X-Box called "Lego Star Wars". They've played it together and now they are upstairs playing with their little "Girl" Legos (i.e. - little pink, white, and yellow Legos with little flowers and such) making R2D2 and "the Princess". I think this is the funniest thing! My two little girls are running around singing the Star Wars theme and talking about light sabers. Nels could not be prouder!!!


6 comments:
That is so funny! I loved watching Star Wars as a kid and would often ask my mom to turn it on for me. We also would act out parts of it at school! It was great!
i have to be honest, i think i'm the ONLY person alive from our age group that can't STAND star wars. my family used to watch it & i always hated it. but i do on the other hand, love lego star wars. ben hates it when i play with him because i just love to shoot him & then catch all of his coins. so of course that's what i end up doing the whole game. :) love that picture with lilie & R2D2, it's so cute!
That is awesome. Wes read it with me and said "I'll have to watch it with Jacob now." If Hazel can endure the scariness of it so can he =). I love the pictures! Way to go Rachel!!
Hilarious! How cool. . . I remember a group of youth would get together every 6 months, after general conference, priesthood session, and watch all 3. Or try, at least.
Shweeet! Must be a daddy/kid thing cuz that's Dustin and the kids' "thing" is watching Star Wars, often after church and Dustin makes cookies. (usually I'm at choir practice)
Star Wars and Legos... can't go wrong with that combination! You know how I feel about Legos.... ;)
BTW... I don't know what I did to my neck... just ignored it for too long. I wish I could say I got in a car wreck cuz that would sound so much cooler... but I'm just a dork, and that's the end of the story! :)
Ha! I didn't see this post - I just replied to a more recent post about Levi's OBSESSION with Lego Starwars!
Too funny!
Post a Comment