Then I started thinking about my post from last night. I'm a dork about fish. Melyni's a dork about history. Nels is a dork about video. --- I think all of us have our own hidden nerdiness. And I think its also something that's really important!
It has long been one of my favorite things to watch people get excited about things that they are passionate about. Usually it's something that almost no one else is explicitly interested in, but it is so fun to watch someone get excited! It is just so TRUE. It's SO REAL. In that moment, you are really SEEING that person.
I think it's important for all of us to have these things. Sometimes we can get too self-conscious - we don't allow ourselves to get excited - and that is a crying shame! I think it's important for all of us to be passionate . . . excited . . . happy. As long as we're careful to keep it in SOME moderation. Some of these things can also be very time or money consuming. :)
Anyway. That is my little blab for the day. I think we all need to let ourselves get excited. It makes us happy. It makes other people happy too.
4 comments:
ABSOLUTELY! You were so cute about your fish! I am so glad that you were excited and hope that excitement stays. I think that is the best gift we can give our children!!
I totally agree!!! And I love your fish obsession!!
Excitement is the paprika on the deviled eggs of life! Heh! (You like my metaphor? I made it up off the cuff! HA HA HAHAHAH HAHHAHHA!!!)
I am an excited dork about something too... I just can't think of what it is right now.
hmmmm.... I am excited about singing. It makes me feel like a million bucks to sing!
I miss your comments on my blog, btw. I guess we should just get together and have another delish dinner! How 'bout my house this time! ;)
Yes. To be happy is a good thing.
My random dorkiness comes with fabrics. Example, my dad was in a play, Savior of the World, in Cali, and I noticed (by pictures) one of his costumes was a purple silk/satin. And his other costume was a brown linen. I asked him why they were made of those certain fabrics. I can imagine the exasperated look he gave as he responded over the Instant Messenger, "You and fabrics! The PURPLE costume I wear first, then in the 2nd act, I wear the BROWN costume. That's all it is to me!"
Yeah. Me and fabric. I was nearly drooling when I recieved baby's new bedding set & quilt. It has velour, embroidery, cotton, chenelle and all with a satin trim!
oh wait, this is Rachel's blog. Not mine. Sorry, Rach! :)
Post a Comment