Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Poised

Look at this little blog here. So neglected.

I wonder why sometimes.

I think my brain got jammed up with "heavy" the last few years and before I can open it back up, I'm going to have to unload some of my weightier thoughts in written form. These bigger, denser thoughts all kind of string together and don't allow me to package them into the neat little parcels that I've enjoyed. I have to find a new way of writing.

As I look at my fingers poised on the keyboard, I ache for the flow of years past. I think it's time to come back to myself. I've spent a lot of time in my head, I think it's time to reconnect with the joy of words.

My blog was never meant to be a scrapbook. I've documented our family life here and there is a big, guilty part of me that agonizes over all the moments lost in the abyss of time - that were never recorded. - However, this space has always been MINE. It's therapeutic. It's about documenting MY journey.

Maybe that's why I haven't been able to freely write about adventures and trips and moments these last few years --- because I still haven't written ME.

Time for a new chapter, perhaps.

2 comments:

Sara Newton said...

I often feel like this is missing from my blog. I've been so consumed with dealing with children, I often forget that I have important thoughts about the world too.

Charlotte said...

I just celebrated my 8th blogiversary,and in all these years I think the longest gap I've had between posts is about two weeks. But though I've persisted (quite stubbornly) at making little updates, there has been a lot of flux in the type and quality of them. Sometimes the posts come straight from my heart. Other times they are carefully constructed in my brain, as a means of diverting people while those dense thoughts are brewing or when I'm feeling vulnerable.

I've learned appreciate both kinds of posts. When I look back I can see my life measured in different ways- depth vs. breadth- and it gives me a better look at the overall picture of Me.

I hope you find your new flow, because I would love to know more of you.