Monday, October 1, 2012


I really love this kid. She is fun and really very well-natured. I love her crazy blonde hair. I love her little voice.

She has the sweetest little jabbery nonsense all day filled with lots of "oh!oh!" as she explores the world around her

I love it!

She has been my most patient and gentle child . . . as a little baby.

More recently, the word she has perfected best? "No!"

This morning I got her out of her crib and asked her for a kiss. "No!"

"Clara, let's change your diaper."
"No!"

She is such an opinionated and sassy little person! Maybe because she has been such a patient little thing, she's just fed up. Tired of getting taken advantage of! :)

Yesterday as we were sitting in the van, I reached behind me and tickled her cute-little-chubby leg. To my surprise, instead of giggling, she pulled her leg away from me, scowled at me, and growled "eehnh!" You know, the sound that big, ornery kids make when they are whining about someone teasing them? My one-year-old gave me major attitude!

Sometimes I push her because, surely, she can't know what she's saying. She can't really be telling me NO all the time. But whenever I do, she lets me know that she knows full-well what she's saying and gets really mad when I don't listen to her.

"Here, Clara. One more bite."
"No."
"Come on. Just one more bite."

Followed by me trying to sneak it in.

Which is inevitably followed by spitting food all over herself and me.

At this point in my life, I really should know better . . . but how can one so small, have such strong ideas about things?

. . .

On second thought, after considering . . . um, a couple of other people in our family . . . don't answer that.


4 comments:

ClancyPants said...

And she's so cute and grown up!

Unknown said...

oh yes- strong personalities =) we've got a few of those !!! hahaha

Amber said...

=) I love that little no girl of yours.

Travis and Heather said...

I just read your many fabulous inspiring posts and I want to come and steal all your fabric. It would be worth the black mark on my record on heaven. Truly worth it.

Your post below about lovely wonderful truths of motherhood and feeling not like yourself and missing yourself. YES! YES! one more YES! How about a kirate kick yes. k. I'll stop.

We've been starting the ole reel of "should we....another one? Can we....are we crazy?" And each time I think about how much I love feeling like myself. Love it. And how little I have been able to enjoy efficiency of body and mind over my last 7 child bearing years. Process?yes. Necessary? yes. Dreading that nasty ole grumpy (chubby--had to add it), pregnant lady? The sad parts of her yes, the baby growing miraculous part of her-no. The good is sister to the bad right? Always.