Friday, July 20, 2012

FFF

It's Friday, I'm in Love. 

1. Nels is feeling much better! Last Friday Nels hurt his back while we were working out. He was in SO much pain! Poor old guy. Thankfully, after a week of ibuprofen, laying on the floor under his desk at work, and heel-toeing it everywhere - he seems to really be on the mend. Very thankful that is wasn't worse and for strong bodies.

2. Speaking of working out, even though Nels hasn't been able to work out with me the last week, I've still been fairly consistent and it's so exciting to see progress toward our goals! I haven't lost much more weight in the last couple weeks, I still can't quite figure out how to do an Uchi Mata :), and I've never known before that the backs of my hands sweat!, but I've lost more than an inch (each) around my chest, waist, and hips since we began a month ago. Nice!

3. Nels and I had a chance to go to the Spokane Temple last night. Probably the first time we've been gone - TOGETHER - from all five kids for more than two hours or so. It was perfect and MUCH needed. Very different for a trip to the temple to take not 2 1/2 hours, but SIX! But the drive time alone with Nels was really great. Thank goodness for competent babysitters!

4. It's cooler today - not even 80* yet! It's been in the 90's for the past week and a half or so and I've been dying! I know this may seem to be an unfeeling thing to complain about for those of you who have had far hotter temps this summer (especially combined with FIRES!), but the older I get, the less I like hot weather. I love days in the 70s and 80s and cool summer nights! Thank you, Sandpoint, for a summer that hasn't reach 100* even once yet!

5. I finally sorted through most of the pictures that we've taken this summer and I have some definite plans for updates coming soon . . . . after all, I've got to show you all what you're missing out on by not coming to visit us this summer! :)

6. (for good measure) Nels got a freelance gig doing some video work for a LARGE company in Utah next month, so we will be making TWO trips to my "motherland" in the August. I'm SO, SO, SO excited to see my two, new, little nephews!


3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Hurray for anticipated updates!! I love reading your blog and I can't wait to hear about your summer adventures. And nice work on the working out. Sigh. I can't wait to get a good work out in. I'm just not one of those that works out while pregnant. nope. not gonna happen. but I still can't wait to do it when I'm not pregnant. :)

lynsey said...

ohhhhh, cute twinners! and congrats seeing all of your hard work pay off. sweaty backs of your hands huh? sounds sexy! :)

yay for the temple together! i totally know that feeling....we'll get there again someday too, i just know it!

i am soooo with you on the hot weather, except you know what? i think after four summers i may FINALLY be getting used to it. now the only time i the heat-monster in me shows her ugly head is when we get to around 113+. BIG improvement for me! wish we were there though, 80 degrees sounds heavenly, and of course, so does your company!

miss you my girl. :)

Amber said...

I am so happy for you! Trips to Utah, working out, temple trips, a beautiful summer, sounds heavenly! Those little boys are so cute! I bet you can't wait to get your hands on them. =)