1. I'm not dead and, in fact, we're living well. :) We've been having a boat load of fun --- literally. On the Santa Chickita. We're going camping this weekend with our chickies and our raft. I've got three hours to be all packed up and I haven't really started. :) I'm so excited to go camping! (It's not dry, hot, or on fire here in the Inland Northwest. You should all come visit!)
2. There's nothing but blue skies in the forecast! Even a couple of 90* days. First this year. From what I hear, from here on out ---- probably through the end of September ---- everything about living in Sandpoint is perfect. Everyone says that they live for this time of year and I'm starting to understand why.
3. We've enjoyed sisters and cousins coming to visit and next Tuesday, my parents are coming! I'm beyond excited. We have hiking, rafting, kayaking, eating, beaching, eating, playing, and talking planned. I can't wait to see my mom and dad!
4. I'm starting to get a glimpse of my waistline again!!! Nels and I have been exercising together. It's been excellent. So far I've lost 7 pounds. Hooray!
5. Elsie finally let me cut her hair! It's still long, but we cut about 6 inches off. It was almost down to her bummy.
6. The 4th of July was wonderful! We enjoyed the small town parade (with NO candy! what?!) and later enjoyed our evening at the beach watching the fireworks over the lake. It was fun. We almost lost Violet (scary mom moment) and Clara hated the booming (with whimpering and hiding), but I actually followed through on a promise I'd made to the girls to make them some fun patriotic skirts out of my scrap fabric (more on that later), and the weather and evening were beautiful.
7. The most beautiful things grow here. I've mentioned the lupine that was in bloom everywhere you look, but now the wild roses, wild daisies, foxglove, phlox, tiger lilies, buttercups, syringa are in bloom. I love it!
![]() |
| Clara is growing up too fast. She reminds me so much of baby Elsie and a little of baby Lilie. And she still has no teeth. :) |
| Sand Monster |
![]() |
| Foxglove. Another of my favorite flowers that just grows spontaneously here. :) |
![]() |
| At Farragut State Park with Kendall and her girls. Hazel takes her salutations :) very seriously. :) |
![]() |
| She gets freckles across her nose in the sun, just like I did as a kid. |





4 comments:
Yeah for summer!! Looks like its a fun one. :) love your cute family and summer pictures. (and glad you're really not dead) :)
I am envious of your beautiful weather! We are dying here in the heat/humidity and I am starting to think Idaho may be a good place to settle down when we're all done. So are the winters horrible? I love snow though, but is it totally freezing cold the whole time? Now if I can just convince Todd...Oh, and way to go on the weight loss. Some days I think I will never lose this weight!! Your girls are adorable.
What a beautiful start to summer! I want to see these patriotic skirts =).
I love reading your Fabulous Five! I've missed it! It always makes me reflective and more appreciative of the little things!
Post a Comment