Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 11: Something Blue

As you may know, I really love fish.

Growing up, my mom had several different aquariums and I've loved them ever since.

When I was pregnant with Lilie, I got our first fish tank. We just had a few fish that I'd picked up at Walmart. Nels thought I was silly.

"Fish are the stupidest pet ever." He told me. I tried to explain to him that fish aren't really a "pet" like a dog. They're not meant to be. He stuck by his opinion.

A few years later, he bought me a bigger aquarium for our anniversary. :) He loves me.

Last year, as he was watching my fish and their newly hatched fry, he told me, "You know, I'd never own them myself, but I can see why you like them so much. It's like you are creating your own little world in there."

Ahhhhh . . . sweet validation. :)

When we moved last year, I sold all my fish. It was a sad day and to say that I "sold" them is really not true. I gave them all away to a person that I'm not even sure he knew how to take care of them well enough to have them last a week . . . I was a little bit heartbroken. However, I'd had a baby two days before and we were moving in about a week.

Nearly eight months later, I finally got my tank set up again and I've been so happy with it. I went with some beautiful fish called discus and I'm loving it. I'm still working on getting it fully stocked, but so far, so good. These fish are a bit more high maintenance than anything I've had before, but with some work and some prayers, they seem to be doing really well. :)

So. Photo Challenge.

My most recent BLUE crush.


2 comments:

The Ricks Family said...

I still think it's crazy

Hannah said...

they are SO awesome!!! fish just intimidate me...like houseplants. I just kill them every time! =)