{{{sigh}}}
That's always a good way to start off a blog post.
double {{{sigh}}}
Nels left for New York last Monday --- as in, LAST week Monday. Eleven days is a long time. - Especially this time of the year when - why isn't the school year over yet? I've never lived anywhere where we didn't finish up school before Memorial Day.
We still have until the 13th of JUNE. Who does that??? Amber claims it's because Spring is so rainy and Fall is so beautiful, they want to let the kids have summer vacation when it's prettiest.
I think they're just sadists.
The girls are tired. I'm tired. School needs to be done and the last two days I haven't even really pushed them to get their homework done. Who cares about homework.
I've missed Nels a lot. Alotalot. And it's not just that when you're running solo with five kids under the age of 9 everything takes at least 3 times as long (because you don't have that extra set of eyeballs to stop Violet from dumping sugar all over Clara's tray and the floor and then swimming in it while Clara eats it . . . twice) and it's not just because Nels is really awesome at getting the kids breakfast --- and I hate breakfast.
It's because he's my bestie. And I really love him.
But tonight, it's mostly just because I'm really tired. Tomorrow it will be because I really, really, really love him. But tonight I'm just tired.
2 comments:
I never got out of school before Memorial Day. School in MD usually runs until the 8th of June.
YEAH!!! You are all back together again! How wonderful! =D Enjoy your weekend!
Post a Comment